Tamiya 1/32 F-16 (the big box )

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I just have a 4inch flexi pipe hanging on my lamp, this goes to a duct fan then out though the wall.
90% effective. Will make a canopie/hood/enclosure one day. See If I can get that last 10%. (for the few times I use nasty smelly paints).

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
And we’re off Unusually for me not the cockpit but the engine. This is a separate model in its own right and can be displayed on its swap out trolley with the aircraft. I’ve skipped the trolley for now as I’m intending to keep it in the aircraft. Would look strange a fully tooled up aircraft with no engine in. Around 30 parts in it so with painting should take me up to the start of the mosquito GB
656479C2-7A41-4960-B291-DE8304429809.jpeg

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Started the engine assembly and all was going swimmingly until I realised a momentary lapse in concentration and I reversed two panels
All resolved fortunately thanks to a nice sharp blade and a bit of patience. Full painting instructors for the fans and housings but after doing a dry fit I found some of them pointless as you will see from the pics. Anyway more progress soon.
C1397EF6-B3CB-4FE8-A642-6A418167E9F1.jpeg

Parts undercoated then a coat of Vallejo steel. There are then some variations in colour for the fans etc

51CCC39B-FA37-45CF-933D-64532036C36C.jpeg

There they are in the middle of the tube glad I didn’t bother as the engine gets extended at this end

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
all was going swimmingly until I realised a momentary lapse in concentration and I reversed two panels

Ahhhh Mick, sure you didn't mean I fell asleep at the bench with this one???....Good to hear you could fix it with no damage. I can see your point about painting the inside too. Good work Sir!!!...........

Prost
Allen

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Ahhhh Mick, sure you didn't mean I fell asleep at the bench with this one???....Good to hear you could fix it with no damage. I can see your point about painting the inside too. Good work Sir!!!...........

Prost
Allen
Lol it was crazy, I'd already noted that even though they were both the same size and shape one had more detail and mounting points on but still screwed up. Onwards and upwards
Mick I'm in .
Thanks for having a look pal

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mick
Already looks to have that Tamiya quality. Only a few days now until the Mosquito GB starts so maybe this will have to go back in the big box for a while.
Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Nice start Mick!

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Now my mosquito is done it’s time to bring my big project back to the bench and continuing with the engine. There’s some lovely details on it but mine is going inside permanently so only a basic paint scheme for it. The main body is finished just the actual jet nozzle to build and get painted now.
336C8249-4842-4D8C-B518-A40DF1FE7A67.jpeg

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That's an amazing level of detail!!
There is a lot of detail on the kit and I have the Big Ed set with the kit and also some resin wheel bays. Someone already pointed out that the replacement parts look good they add a lot of extra detail nobody ever sees, same goes for the brass bits. Looking at the kit parts they don’t really warrant removing. The cockpit will be blingy as I love doing them. Thanks for looking in.

Mick,
Looking good fella, that looks like a beautifully detailed kit.
It is a lovely kit pal and is going together like a dream. Like I said to Andrew I will add detail where it can be seen

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excellent choice of kit Mick. I will really enjoy seeing this come together. What with all the aftermarket accessories this promises to be an epic build.
I do love the F-16 and this kit sadly is missing from my stash. I will watch your build with envy!!!
All the best
Paul

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
LOOKIN GREAT Mick
Thanks Chris

Excellent choice of kit Mick. I will really enjoy seeing this come together. What with all the aftermarket accessories this promises to be an epic build.
I do love the F-16 and this kit sadly is missing from my stash. I will watch your build with envy!!!
All the best
Paul
Many thanks Paul, I’ve developed a real liking for this aircraft. 1/48 finished along with a 1/12 cockpit.