Tamiya 1/32 F16 CJ bloc 50 Fighting Falcon.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks for the airbrush review Barry, I remember asking for your thoughts when you posted your haul. (the link to that thread appears broken to me by the way)

I bought a much cheaper trigger style brush to try and it does suit my hand better, but I'm slightly disappointed by the action. Whilst you can vary the paint flow with it (more trigger = more paint) it doesn't have that initial "just air" output that I'm used to with spray guns. Even the slightest trigger pressure releases a small amount of paint. Not a deal breaker but I would have much preferred to be able to just blow air when I needed to. How does the Topnotch fair in that regard?

Oh, and I also have the same issue with my H&S cup cap, but only on the larger 5ml size. Maybe one part is slightly out of round so can stick at certain orientations.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Thanks for the airbrush review Barry, I remember asking for your thoughts when you posted your haul. (the link to that thread appears broken to me by the way)

I bought a much cheaper trigger style brush to try and it does suit my hand better, but I'm slightly disappointed by the action. Whilst you can vary the paint flow with it (more trigger = more paint) it doesn't have that initial "just air" output that I'm used to with spray guns. Even the slightest trigger pressure releases a small amount of paint. Not a deal breaker but I would have much preferred to be able to just blow air when I needed to. How does the Topnotch fair in that regard?

Oh, and I also have the same issue with my H&S cup cap, but only on the larger 5ml size. Maybe one part is slightly out of round so can stick at certain orientations.
The Topnotch does provide airflow before paint so that is just what you need.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Final fittings done....

I will post a completed thread when I get a chance to do so but here is one quick pic of the completed model.
59C2F877-8B9D-4CB4-97DD-DAD9AB00F2B3.jpeg

This is a great kit and well up to the standard of Tamiya’s best. You cannot fault the engineering and the fit. If something does not fit then you know that it is you who have done something g wrong.

The only real issue, the decals, the one thing that Tamiya cannot do.