Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito FBVI

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
If you only ever build one aircraft kit in your lief then make it this one. If you can only afford one expensive £100+ kit then you wont regret it if it is this one. If you only have space for one large aircraft, make it this one....

Tamiya have reached new heights of excellence with each of their 1/32 warbird releases. I did not think they could do better when they did the Corsair but they did with this kit.,

My mind boggles at what they might achieve with their next 1/32 release and there are so many subjects begging for the Tamiya 1/32 treatment, the Hawker Hurricane, the P38 and P47 to mention a few and, after this build can I dream of a Tamiya 1/32 Beaufighter? But now they have slowed up their 1/32 releases so who knows? I may have to get my Tamiya fix with a third Corsair, the D perhaps....

Anyway back to this model and some pictures.

As always I built this 'buttoned up' though I did intend originally to have an open bomb bay but, my fault, I clumsily damaged the bomb bay struts and a repair would not have done justice to the model so I closed it up. The only aftermarket were seatbelts and masks.

MRP paints, AK weathering.
IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

I used a flash and I can see that it 'bleached' the colours somewhat, particulary whereit was 'fired' into enclosed areas... I will get to do better photography one day!!

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Brilliant build I have been watching on and off but with all that detail it's a shame to go and cover it all up but I have definitely got to get one but as this is out of my price range I will have to settle for the inferior Revell one and see what upgrades there are.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Brilliant build I have been watching on and off but with all that detail it's a shame to go and cover it all up but I have definitely got to get one but as this is out of my price range I will have to settle for the inferior Revell one and see what upgrades there are.
You could spend more on the Revell plus upgrades than on this kit. Aftermarket is not essential for this one. My advice would be to save up - you won’t regret it.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Fantastic result Barry, that's a real beauty

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A cracking build Barry. As you say the photos are a bit washed out and don't do it justice.
I always enjoy your build threads. This one was no exception.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Barry
A superb result. Tamiya may make this wonderful kit but your skills made it this good. I enjoyed the build, picked up lots of tips and I'm looking forward to what you tackle next.
jim

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Simply stunning Barry. Wish i had your talent

D

Deleted member 7181

A brilliantly engineered kit beautifully crafted. Just lovely.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb job barry , a truly beautiful aircraft and a top class build , cheers tony

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I don't know how you do it Barry, but the whole build is so clean and finely done. Not a drop of glue or a run or oops in the paint anywhere to be seen. Respect Sir!!!!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Barry, its all been said, I just love the little details , just take it to another level. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Barry yet another build to be proud of, despite you accident with the bomb bay. Looking forward to your next build.

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Barry,

Outstanding work, watched the master from the shadows as this one took shape.
excellent build blog - learnt one or two new things that may come handy in
when I eventually get around to building me "Lanc".
Can't wait for the next one. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2::thumb2:

Paul.
:smiling2: