Tamiya 1/35 BMW R75 outfit

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Guess that I might as well call this one 'finished' - still got the piles of stuff (coats, ammo box, etc. etc.) that was 'pulled out of the sidecar' to do, the rock (which is represented by the plastercine) and final weathering/mud etc. which will be done once the dio it's going on gets finalized.
IMG_20210311_134456673~2.jpg
IMG_20210311_134502065~2.jpg
IMG_20210311_134514123~2.jpg
IMG_20210311_134630947~2.jpg
IMG_20210311_142901725~2.jpg

Last edited:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Not really 'happy' with a couple of things.
1) Angle of the standing figures head (can be 'rectified' on the dio with another figure that he's talking to).
2) The positioning of his right arm (didn't spot that it was 'tight' against his body, should have altered it a little outwards & I think that I might have mixed the right arms up!).
I guess it'll do though.

First Name
Mike
I think it looks good Gerry. there's some nice weathering touches and the stance of the figures look very natural. Putting it in the context of a diorama base will really enhance it, (Just a small point, looks like there's a seam line on the standing figure's left hand which you could probably easily scrape off and re-touch.)

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
I think it looks good Gerry. there's some nice weathering touches and the stance of the figures look very natural. Putting it in the context of a diorama base will really enhance it, (Just a small point, looks like there's a seam line on the standing figure's left hand which you could probably easily scrape off and re-touch.)
You're right - missed that one, and I've just spotted the same on his right hand! Damn!!

First Name
Mike
Those things are so easy to miss. I usually build planes and usually find some seam on an undercarriage leg or suchlike- always after the model's painted and finished of course. But, I've learned it's always worth going back and fixing it, otherwise I'm never happy with it, knowing it's there.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Those things are so easy to miss. I usually build planes and usually find some seam on an undercarriage leg or suchlike- always after the model's painted and finished of course. But, I've learned it's always worth going back and fixing it, otherwise I'm never happy with it, knowing it's there.
Yes, usually I spot it after a week or so - 'fixed' it now, just that the hands are now 'flesh' coloured, rather than the 'pale flesh' (that I originally mixed up for 'covered areas' behind goggles & under gloves)! :upside:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Now the planning process for the dio - it's going to be fairly large (2 more vehicles) and use the photo to 'extend' it - rock will be attacked with a hammer to get the right size
IMG_20210312_211402974.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
All in all that turned out well Gerry.
Those darn seam lines turn up at the most annoying places and nearly always after painting.
The poses are pretty good for the job at hand. If you think that the one arm is to tight to the body, you could always have him holding something, a tool, or something....

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
All in all that turned out well Gerry.
Those darn seam lines turn up at the most annoying places and nearly always after painting.
The poses are pretty good for the job at hand. If you think that the one arm is to tight to the body, you could always have him holding something, a tool, or something....

Thanks Ian, I think that I may have mixed up the right arms when painting/assembling the figures, as they are both fairly tight to the body with similar positions and didn't realize it until putting the figures into position.
Hopefully I'll soon decide on what the 3rd vehicle will be, at the moment leaning towards a Krupp Protze.
Yes, those pesky seams have turned up on some of the equipment - spent several evenings going over the whole container (got a load from previous kits as well) of them, only for them to turn up after painting and when sorting out of what I'll be using (probably be able to 'hide' them by judicious positioning ;) :thinking: )