Tamiya 1/35 Dragon wagon.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well due to the weather continuing to snow on us (20cm sunday!) Spent a lot of time in the man cave...
Turning this:
DSC_0258.JPG
Into this:
DSC_0932.JPG
DSC_0934.JPG
DSC_0933.JPG

painted with Vallejo model color and a sprinkling of Vallejo pigments for the mud. All flattened down with .... Vallejo matt varnish.
A few words about the kit. A very good build, LOTS of parts and the cab is pretty well detailed inside. due to not being arsed to remove SIX or SEVEN ejector pin stubs from the rear of each of the steel windows, most of them went on in the closed position. But as the aircraft builders say, "I know what is inside, even if you cant see it."
A couple of fun facts. They give you a plastic rod of the correct size to roll the PE heat guard for the exhaust around. Great idea. The tubes for the winch lift arms are provided as brass tube, Nice. The arm for the tyre hoist (crane) is plastic moulded in two parts.... Why O.o
All in all a great kit. I might even make a base for this one to show off the rather cunning design of the suspension on the wagon and the trailer!
I could be tempted to grab the tractor by itself that Tamiya released a while back. (and do the windows open....)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful job ian, it looks like a big bugger too! Excuse my ignorance but what type of tank would you see on the back of one of these beasts?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Beautiful job ian, it looks like a big bugger too! Excuse my ignorance but what type of tank would you see on the back of one of these beasts?
An American one.... Duh!
Sorry could not help myself. Lol
I believe Sherman was a regular load but have been used to carry pretty much anything that could fit.
I have seen photos of them carrying landing craft, mini subs, two m3 Stewart tanks....oh and bits of a Flying Fortress!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
superb!

whats going on the back? :thumb2:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
An American one.... Duh!
Sorry could not help myself. Lol
I believe Sherman was a regular load but have been used to carry pretty much anything that could fit.
I have seen photos of them carrying landing craft, mini subs, two m3 Stewart tanks....oh and bits of a Flying Fortress!
I see , I assumed it was a modern machine ,it certainly doesnt look like ww2 vintage

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work,looks good,well done,:thumb2:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
...now that is nice. Cob looking beast - but built for purpose that's for sure!
Top work Ian.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cracking work Ian. I for one would like to see it on a base.
Thanks. I will see if I can find something suitable to use and have a tinker some day
superb!

whats going on the back? :thumb2:
Hmm. I have been looking on t'interweb for something a bit out of the ordinary. Found loads, but finding the kit do do it with.....

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ian,

Nice build I just finished this myself all be it with out the trailer. And your right it is well engineered with some nice touches. It will look good on a base any ideas as to what.