Tamiya 1/35 Hanomag refurbished

N

noble

Hi all,

This is a bit of a refurbishment project on one of my first kits, which used to be an awful german grey colour, so I decided some time ago to fix it. So here it is it is Tamiyas 1/35 hanomag kit, I have scratch built the tarp, the swastika on the hood and given her a brand new paint job, so what do you think do you like it? As always all comments good or bad are most welcome.

scott

View attachment 72513

View attachment 72514

View attachment 72515

View attachment 72516

View attachment 72517

View attachment 72518

View attachment 72519

View attachment 72520

View attachment 72521

View attachment 72522

Hanomag 1.jpg

Hanomag 2.jpg

Hanomag 3.jpg

Hanomag 4.jpg

Hanomag 5.jpg

Hanomag 6.jpg

Hanomag 7.jpg

Hanomag 8.jpg

Hanomag 9.jpg

Hanomag 10.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Wonderful work Scott, great attention to detail, great build from me sir.

Si:smiling3:

B

Bunkerbarge

Absolutely beautiful finish and weathering but those paint chip effects are what set it aside for me. I've tried it a couple of times in the past and made a complete mess of it so could you give us a bit of an idea or even a tutorial on how you did it?

B

Bunkerbarge

Absolutely beautiful finish and weathering but those paint chip effects are what set it aside for me. I've tried it a couple of times in the past and made a complete mess of it so could you give us a bit of an idea or even a tutorial on how you did it?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Brilliant Scott truely brilliant

T

tommy1drop

Nice work Scott and its nice to see a refurb on an old kit.

Tom

C

CDW

Fantastic refurb mate, well impressed.... What's the flag and tarp made from? I'll be nicking the idea if you offer it up coz they're really effective.

First Name
Andy
Hi Scott,

Very impressive Sir, I was about to ask about the top cover, but noticed Colin has already asked... ;)

Andy...

N

noble

Thank gents the frame for the tarp is15amp fuse wire cut to length the wrapped round a humbrol aerosol tin, the tarp itself is toilet paper cut to size and shape then coated in PVA glue and attached to the frame. Once dry I applied another coat of PVA glue, allowed it to set the painted. The swastika is the thinnest plastic are available cut to size, painted with a 1/48 swastika tail decal from an me 110.

Scott

P

Polux

Brillant model Scott.

The weathering is perfect, very nicely finished mate ;)

Polux

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Another great build from you Scott. I love the weathering too, the paint chipping around the sharp edges of the armour is very nicely done.