Tamiya 1/35 Krupp Protze

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
This is now 99% done, just needs a few bits and pieces finishing off for the dio that it's heading for (tarp, figures etc.) probably will be messing around with the crates and other bits and bobs in the load area.
Will have to get some 'daylight' photos as well (overhead led doesn't give the 'best' results)
IMG_20210329_202621152.jpgIMG_20210329_202628289.jpgIMG_20210329_202645562~2.jpg

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Thanks Bob, hopefully it'll hold together until I can get the dio done - don't trust the two fragile bits at all, was really tempted to get some wire and swap out the plastic, but they held up to being cemented into place (fingers crossed for the next few weeks!)

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That’s looking pretty good :smiling3:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
That’s looking pretty good :smiling3:
Thanks Jakko - there's some things that have shown up on the outside photos which I'm not too happy with, (which I hadn't noticed under the LED lights) but they can probably 'disappear'/be hidden on the planned dio ;) :thinking:
Tarp needs work though (1st photo) - very uneven finish on that (and the creases are showing!)

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
looking good, look forward to the dio......i have one of these in the stash so been nice to see it get built

i think the Feldwebel will be a word with the Soldaten for leaving a rifle leaning up like that lol

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great to see the sunlight shots. You must be pleased with how the two models have turned out. Good luck with the rest of the project.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
looking good, look forward to the dio......i have one of these in the stash so been nice to see it get built

i think the Feldwebel will be a word with the Soldaten for leaving a rifle leaning up like that lol
Hoping that the dio is going to be a 'walk in the park', but having started on some of the work for the figures, I very much doubt it, as I've run into a slight 'snag' - the Revell 'Plasto' filler creates a very brittle molding which means that getting them out of the mold is a 50/50 risk of breakage and working on them has really got to be gentle (even after heating) so looking like I'm going to have to use 'original' arms & re-model them, rather than mold my own (as I have in the past).

Kit's not too bad - a little brittle on the part nos. B15 & B16, where I was really tempted to either leave them off, or get copper wire to replace them.:angry:

Rifle fell off the bench seat - so he's in even more trouble!:surprised:

Can't beat real sunlight.
Very true - trouble is, it shows up any little faults! ;)

Great to see the sunlight shots. You must be pleased with how the two models have turned out. Good luck with the rest of the project.
Happy(ish) a few 'niggles' that stare me in the face, but that's the way it goes - I might go in & 'fix' them, or I might just 'hide' them in the dio!:thinking:

Still, as both my father & father in law always used to say - "A blind man would be pleased to see it!"

Last edited: