Tamiya 1/35 Matilda Mk.III/IV Home Service Scheme - completed

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Finished, although, I knocked off the last part to be added - the wing mirror, which the carpet monster has added to his collection!
DSCF3998.JPGDSCF3988.JPGDSCF3989.JPGDSCF3997.JPGDSCF3996.JPGDSCF3991.JPGDSCF3992.JPGDSCF3993.JPGDSCF3995.JPGDSCF3994.JPG
A delightful model, no fit issues, no filler used - a good advert for Tamiya - you do have the option of vinyl tracks, if you can't get on with link & length parts. Finished in the Dark Brown over Khaki Brown scheme used on Home Service, mid-war, the other options are the Desert Caunter schemes, which are usually seen on this model. The Hataka paints used were OK, but not good enough for me to buy any more, they're just not consistent - the Dark Brown dried glossy, the Khaki Brown Matt. They take a lot of shaking to mix & thinning for the airbrush is very sensitive! I think a Vallejo, or AK selection would have been easier.
Note that this model is no, 35300 - new tooling in 2009 - there is another boxing no. MM124, which dates way back to 1973, which was used as a basis for a motorised version, so if you're after one, be aware of the differences!
I really enjoyed this build,so much so, that my next build will be the Tamiya French Renault UE Carrier
Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks excellent Dave, really like that colour scheme. Good looking tank I’ve always thought.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dave,

That's turned out very nicely indeed. Very well done.

Andrew

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I like it, I find the Matilda an interesting-looking tank and you’ve added an uncommon paint scheme, so well done.

Also the WD census number: T6943 … within just a few years of this one coming off the production line, there would be two more digits :smiling3:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looks very good Dave, the camouflage scheme is nice, just a bit different to the usual. Glad to see the dark brown toned down with the varnish & weathering.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice work Dave. The Matilda looks great in the home front camo. And it’s goodto hear that it was an enjoyable build - it really shows in the result.
Cheers, Paul