Tamiya 1/35 online catalogue

J

Jens Andrée

Often I'm annoyed when trying to find out what available kits various manufacturers have because their webpages are often badly updated and seldom accurate, and some have horrible load times, so I decided to make my own - maintained - catalogues.
First out is Tamiya and it's based on my earlier Excel version to be able to search for kits, and now I've made it public and searchable in real time!

https://scalemodels.politisktinkorrektpappa.com/tamiya-1-35-armour-catalogue/

You can search for a specific box number, or part of it - the list updates in real time. You can also search for keywords in the same fashion. It's not case sensitive.

Currently I've only got pictures for the available kits but I will add pictures of the no longer available kits too for reference. I will also add a link for each kit to Tamiyas website where available.

Next up will be Takom, Hobby Boss, Trumpeter, MENG, etc etc and I will maintain them on at least monthly basis, but often much more frequently.

I know I can search for kits at Scalemates but it's not easy to list all kits in a specific order, from a specific manufacturer, there so I made my own, and if anyone else could find use of such online catalogues then great!

J

Jens Andrée

Nice one Jens. :smiling3:
Cheers! :smiling3:

I just wanted to have an easily accessed and searchable reference catalogue so I could quickly browse and search for kits but sadly the manufacturers themselves are really poor at even listing their own kits?!
Takom e.g. has hardly updated their website since 2014 apart from a few selected kits, and loading every page takes several minutes sometimes so something had to be done!

Next one to tackle is Trumpeter I think. And Hobby Boss.
It's quite a lot of work initially - especially the images, but then it's simple to maintain. Just check once a week for new releases and update when it happens.