Tamiya 1/35 Panther Sd.kfz 171

D

dubster72

Good shout about the 'hard as nails' stuff Colin! I've just finished off my Milliput doing the zimm on a Tiger so I'll give the other stuff a go on some scrap & see how I get on.

Cheers

Patrick

C

CDW

Just a quick one .... could be of use to someone.

Simple shackle made from a length of solder wire and a pin.

Cut wire to length (3/4 inch is about right for 1/35th armour), crimp both ends with flat pliers then punch holes in the flattened parts with pin ... cut pin to size and fit.

View attachment 42848

View attachment 46131

Photo0622.jpg

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
so so small but will look the dogs when its on

geegad

D

dubster72

Very cool Colin, that's given me an idea! Where's my wire ...

Cheers

Patrick

First Name
Aaron
Colin i love the waffle zim its gonna look the biz. Thanks for the hard as nails tip.

C

CDW

just a few shots now it's had a base coat and the zimms been done (what a job!!!!)

changed the shackles for my new design, don't look too bad methinks?

View attachment 42924

Gave the turret a quick wash to see how the zimm turned out, not too bad but will be better when the camo's added and some more detailing done.

View attachment 42925

just a quick test for colours to do chipping with, will probably paint over some of this with the camo, just have to add it again.

View attachment 42926

View attachment 46207

View attachment 46208

View attachment 46209

Photo0626.jpg

Photo0627.jpg

Photo0629.jpg

C

CDW

didn't like the tow cables that came with the models, they're just not bendy enough even when heated up so positioning where i want it would be difficult.

Made one from four lengths of copper wire (from the winding on a TV transformer)

Twist it, cut it, drill the plastic bits and stick it together, just needs a paint :smiling3:

View attachment 43048

View attachment 46313

Photo0636.jpg

D

dubster72

I use picture hanging wire, and those shackles came out very well Colin. I'm gonna nick that idea!

Cheers

Patrick

C

CDW

\ said:
those shackles came out very well Colin. I'm gonna nick that idea
Please do, it's nice that can offer something inovative occasionally, bit of pay back for what i've learnt on here from the likes of yourself :smiling3: :smiling3:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice progress Colin. You've made a great job of the Zimm.

Cheers

P

C

CDW

well for those following .... it's finished.

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/completed-tanks/15639-tamiya-1-35-panther-sd-kfz-171-a.html#post123877