Tamiya 1/35 schwimwagen

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

What you must be thinking surely this should be in armour (tut tut dont you know me by now)

This was designed by Ferdinand Porsche and I decided I would do something a little different with it (Shame it's not 1/12 how good would it look with a Porsche 934 engine powering it)

Anyway let's get my head back on track (I get so many ideas floating about in my head when I get a new model)(and they seldom have anything to do with how it should be)

So heres a pic of the box.

IMG-3969.jpg

You may notice the price in the corner (we were at hunstanton at the weekend and in the current situation I felt obliged to support the lms)

Added some primer and tacked the body together for the first colour.

IMG-3978.jpg
IMG-3977.jpg
IMG-3976.jpg

And the first colour added.

IMG-3973.jpg

IMG-3975.jpg

IMG-3974.jpg

There will be another colour (in a Porsche 911 theme)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's a bit out there Ken......I like it! Rick H.

mrtintheweb

mrtinthweb
First Name
Toby
You have to be kidding me! Having got my Porsche RSR build going after seeing yours, today I was watching a tank museum YouTube and decided to buy something to help them out. Wanted a kubelwagon but were sold out so got a schwimmwagen. You are going to think I’m stalking you!
That said I will be going down the ‘normal’ route with mine!
You need to do surfboards in 1:35 now.
T

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
How about a couple of "Babes" on their way to the beach to round it out a little! :cool:

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Ken, your idea is great; I've a couple of built schiwmms from my teen years and I was considering the "plastic recycle" option when my mouse fell on this thread. I think I will follow your path and re-paint them as leisure cars. It will be fun and, if it doesn't work... the plastic recycle bin is still an option. ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Now that needs a Barbie and Ken to finish it off.....

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks guys. It's weird toby as roy has another model I'm working on at the same time (and doing the same thing

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
..........enter "Twilight Zone" music.....that's creepy but I guess with enough folks on the forum the odds would tend to decrees, of that happening......or am I seeing double?:tongue-out3:
Rick H.