Tamiya 1/35 sd.kfz 7/1 Flakvierling.

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Aaaaaand....... I ruined it.

Or at least put myself back a step or two. I thought I was being very gentle with the rust but in the cold light of day, not so gentle.
I think the problem may actually have been the lighting. I started the kit with one type of bulb, but have been using a different lamp the past week.

Neither of these lights are the Sun.

May have to get a daylight bulb to maintain consistency.

May have to give the halftrack to the dog.

Nah, probably won't. I'll just leave it alone for a bit and maybe start the 88.

Sigh.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Aaaaaand....... I ruined it.

Or at least put myself back a step or two. I thought I was being very gentle with the rust but in the cold light of day, not so gentle.
I think the problem may actually have been the lighting. I started the kit with one type of bulb, but have been using a different lamp the past week.

Neither of these lights are the Sun.

May have to get a daylight bulb to maintain consistency.

May have to give the halftrack to the dog.

Nah, probably won't. I'll just leave it alone for a bit and maybe start the 88.

Sigh.
Noooooooo! Trouble with artificial light, even some of the 'daylight' bulbs aren't 'true' (wife has them for machine embroidery, and sometimes the colour looks different outside)

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
The warm light of last night.....

uBgwhBy.jpg

The cold light of day....

PZky5C4.jpg

I'm not going to show you the rest ! I'll work something out, all suggestions gratefully received.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Picture looks a little overexposed, which isn’t helping your case. Perhaps another paint filter or pin wash to bring back the colour depth and re-enforce the 3D look? Personally though, I think it looks excellent.....the faded look goes well with the wear and tear.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dan
This has come together really well. Think of the fun you've had and the things you've learned :tongue-out3: I wouldn't worry too much about the rust. As Tim says there is very little that can't be tweaked with a wash or some pgments - just adding another layer to the effect.
Jim

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Thanks for the kind words gents, I've calmed down a bit now. It was just a bit of a shock when the sun hit it this morning.
I'll mess about with some washes later.
I s'pose I could always hit it up with the winter camo if I cant get it right !

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Right. I've been shying away from this over the past week as I wasn't quite sure what needed doing to pull it back to where I was happy.

Had a bit of a moment today and decided to go for it. I'm pleased with how it went.

I'll save the finished article for after the figures are done but here's part of this evenings efforts.

Hopefully I'll get some nice outdoor pics over the weekend.

RakhUlv.jpg

Thanks again for the encouragement, folks !

:thumb2:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Mine tends to go the other way, as I work under a LED lightbar, so I tend to get washed out photos, but it looks 'better' than the photos show. Keep with it! :thumb2: