Tamiya 1/35 T-55 Enigma Custom

V

virtue66

Good day to you Gentlemen.

I have here another kit that I have been working on for quite some time. With every new addition added to the log, this one get push further and further behind along with 2 other kits on the bench.. It was a struggling effort to finish this as I cannot resist the call of the new additions but I pulled through and finished it finally.

If I recall correctly, Tamiya’s first T-55 kit was released in 2002 and it became an instant classic due to its high level of detail, accuracy and ease of assembly. It is still easily the best T-55 kit available in 2012.

Obviously, Tamiya has taken advantage of this excellent base kit to deliver an Iraqi T-55 Enigma.

Although the running gear, lower hull and some of the detail parts are from the original boxing, much of this kit is new or modified.

Bored with building and painting schemes identical to the real vehicles, I decided to go for a custom model on this one; a experimental T-55 Enigma Per Se. The scenario is that before the Iraq war, the Russians saw how the Iraqi modified their T-55 and bought some back to Russia and experimented with it by adding in some parts here and there including a SGD, added-on side skirts armours to cover the back part of the vehicle and fording equipments.

The scenario is for this gal to be just dirty on the wheels and lower parts from driving around on the range from the experimentation and demonstrations. I didn't even put on black smoke pigments on the gun as well to further emphasis the point it was just driving around. I purposely didn't put on any kind of oil spillage nor chipping.

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos and bigger ones (4000X3000) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/tamiya-135-t-55-enigma-custom.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Thank you for always supporting and for the kind words and various encouragements.

Until the next launch.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Another beautifully made tank Gary, good work.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work gray,very well done ;)

nice looking camo and weathering

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
And yet another stunning work of art, lovely job as normal Gary.

Si:smiling3:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Another beauty, awesome work Gary

Lee :smiling3: