Tamiya 1/35 Universal Carrier & 6 Pounder

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Really enjoyed building this one and I'm very happy with it. It was also my first proper go at figures which I'm pleased with too for a rookie.

A few additional stowage items were added inside from repaired resin rejects.
Paints mostly Mr Color with Model Air for the figures
Weathering was done with cheap oil paints but I had a go with AK Weathering pencils too, although they are going to take some practice.

eNJhedK.jpg

xI52O0v.jpg

R4p8q99.jpg

Z0cfVWa.jpg

ubcGiej.jpg

E4iT45d.jpg

O8oVHxK.jpg

dKbw30O.jpg

Cytynhq.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That's one for the front of the shelf! Nicely done sir.
As a point of interest, when undergoing a long journey, more or less the whole of the guns breach and surrounding gubbings where packed in under a tarpaulin to keep them clean from all the 'Detritus' thrown up from the tow.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks everyone, glad you like it.

Jon, cheers. I did the main gun and drilled it but must have forgotten that one with it being a last minute addition! :smiling4:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andy, as the others have rightly said a great job. You've not gone over the top and attempted load of weathering either, just a damned good paint job.
I've said it before, what are you going to be like in a couple of years ?

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks chaps, I really appreciate your comments.

John, in a couple of years I hope at least to be in a more organised workspace lol. I'll never be a tidy worker but it would be nice to have some storage space other than having everything on my bench!

As far as modelling goes I'm hoping that once I've got through the initial rush of trying to do everything at once, I'll slow down and take more time over the finer points. Historical accuracy, added detail, ensuring a better fit & finish, creating a scene for each model, that kind of thing. I already feel like I've come a good way in 7 months or so, and I'm hoping to keep moving forward :smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Andy,
Lovely finished piece, your painting skills shin through yet again. I think you’ve shaken off the rookie title now :cool:

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Si.

Still loads to learn but happy with how far I've come.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Dang Scratchy,

Turn my back for a few days and you go and whip up a real cracker here. Your work just gets better and better every day. A fantastic build and those figgies are great too!!! Drive on Sir!!!

Prost
Allen