Tamiya 1/350 KGV plus extras

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Good afternoon all

With Graf Spee nearly finished thought time for the next, first large battleship, I am hoping Mr Boatman is happy lol

Starting the preparation for the mighty Tamiya King George V, so reading and reading the plans!!

Not showing the sprues as its a oldie and there's been a few superb builds on the site, only hope I can improve again and sort out some more of the mistakes I made on Graf Spee, hope to get close to the other builds, time will tell lol
20220207_101553.jpg

Wooden deck
20220207_101722.jpg
The dreaded PE
20220207_101706.jpg
Barrels
20220207_101700.jpg
Finally, first use of enamels since the 70's!
20220207_145356.jpg

Using sovereign colour coat paints, they say it should have a grey bum, so a grey bum it is!

Really surprised that there has not been a new kit of KGV, in 2019 Very Fire announced a new KGV and POW, but all gone quiet??

Hope it will be of interest??

Ta Bob

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Bob
Front and centre please. Those extras will certainly raise this to another level. As will your extra experience with floaty things.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Wow, a relatively modern battlewagon. Always thought the turret arrangement was a bit weird on these….
Should be a good build though. Must be pretty big when it’s complete?

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Bob
Front and centre please. Those extras will certainly raise this to another level. As will your extra experience with floaty things.
Jim
Hi Jim, trying new things one ship at a time!

Next to Jim please Bob. Good luck captain!
Hi Steve Reserved tickets on both seats, however cake has gone missing????
Wow, a relatively modern battlewagon. Always thought the turret arrangement was a bit weird on these….
Should be a good build though. Must be pretty big when it’s complete?
Hi Tim, think the 2 barell turret was a weight reduction but still gave a 10 gun broadside, fitting 16" guns would have delayed the ships too much

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
:thinking:HI BOBM8TY about time too as ive been waiting to see this battewagon build on the go now just think ahead whats the best way to go about things an hey presto one crackin great battle wagon GOOD LUCK an im also at the front sqeezed in between the rabble lol ready to see this take shape an cake gone missing no way youve eaten it lol :rolling: :tongue-out3::tongue-out3::tongue-out3: ps yes i'll have a cat to sit on lol
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Excellent Chris, I did say I would have a crack at KGV!

Off to get a sofa! Now we have suspects, Julie, 4 cats and the butler!! Now to follow trail of crumbs ;):thinking::hungry:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Excellent Chris, I did say I would have a crack at KGV!

Off to get a sofa! Now we have suspects, Julie, 4 cats and the butler!! Now to follow trail of crumbs ;):thinking::hungry:
WOW BOB you got a butler lol an the trail of crumbs i supect will lead back to your chair lol as i know you are a fanatic over cake
chris

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bob.
Room for one please , at least it's not a Stug even though it's grey .:smiling3:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bob.
Room for one please , at least it's not a Stug even though it's grey .:smiling3:
Sorry John no green chair but Dunkelgelb available?? StuG will be back!!!!

the plot thickens!!! After swimming through shark Infested soup and fighting off flying cats the crumbs have led to a secret vault.

Tomorrow next slice sorry episode, is the butler telling porkies??????

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ok that will do nicely , as for the cake that moggy you showed the other day looks a prime suspect .

The elderly lady I garden for and look after her banking lost her cat the other Friday, a house cat so not used to being out. To day the cleaning ladies arrived and found LoLa in a cupboard ! Cat not best pleased, lady very happy !

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Ok that will do nicely , as for the cake that moggy you showed the other day looks a prime suspect .

The elderly lady I garden for and look after her banking lost her cat the other Friday, a house cat so not used to being out. To day the cleaning ladies arrived and found LoLa in a cupboard ! Cat not best pleased, lady very happy !
Well done cleaners, excellent!

Asked casper, he denies it, only eats fishcakes, boom, boom

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
As we have another storm today, called Franklin, I have started to look at the PE set for KGV. My god there's a lot and most is rather small :flushed:
20220220_161336.jpg20220220_161209.jpg
So have contacted the Pope and the Archbishop of Canterbury for there prayers. Put £50 in advance in the swear barrel.

So I can see this being a very slow build with my nerves shot, no finger nails and my fingers stuck together with CA lol. Watch this space for total chaos!!:thumb2::rolling::tired::thinking:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL HE wont have to worry about his hair as he's got the rug lol
BUT Bobm8ty do you really want to go bonkers fitting all that p/e if it was me i think id leave off the small an build t he plastic ship it self
chris b