Tamiya 1/350 premium yamato

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
NOW that's more like it Raymond now I can see what you are up to on this build an from what I see you are doin the full hull then ? great stuff good to have another floaty guy on the forum :thumb2:
chris

shovelhead 1977

SMF Supporter
First Name
raymond
hi , was going to do waterline diorama, but never ever done water so I thought this was best as I didn't want to ruin the model !

shovelhead 1977

SMF Supporter
First Name
raymond
well , I have never done a model with such good fitting parts, only cleaning up to do was where they attach to the sprues, parts just seem to fall into place. !

First Name
Wouter
What do you think of the Tamiya etch? I thought it's dreadful.

Tamiya stuff often is good engineered, and this kit in general too. Parts fit well as you say. With just one large error. I found the hull parts not fitting well at all, giant gaps here and there. Very strange that this happened to the Tammi boys.

Nice coloring of the hull.

Cheers

shovelhead 1977

SMF Supporter
First Name
raymond
the etch in my kit seems quite good, I dry fitted the hull, bow and various bits first, to be honest I could have left them loose as they were that good a fit, only a very slight gap where the bow top joined the hull but nothing to worry about, no problem with the etch parts the pieces that I put on seemed to be ok. going back to the hull, ifyou look at the bow picture its not glued or screwed on yet just placed on you can see what a good fit it is , no gaps or anything ! rest of the ship was like this as well

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nice bit of building work there on the funnel Raymond :thumb2:
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
IT'L come you just keep on enjoyin the build Raymond like I do on my tiger
chris

shovelhead 1977

SMF Supporter
First Name
raymond
some photo etched parts fitted, building sub assemblies while waiting for wood deck to arrive, getting into some really fiddly pieces now !14 photo etched parts to be fitted to turret ring.jpg14 photo etched parts to be fitted to turret ring.jpgand fitted !.jpg14 photo etched parts to be fitted to turret ring.jpgand fitted !.jpgbridge parts (1).jpgbridge parts (2).jpgbridge parts (2).jpgbridge parts (3).jpgbridge parts (4).jpgfirst photo etched ladder fitted.jpgfirst photo etched ladder fitted.jpgfunnel parts (1).jpgfunnel parts (2).jpgfunnel parts (2).jpgfunnel parts (3).jpgfunnel parts (4).jpgfunnel parts (5).jpgfunnel parts (6).jpgfunnel parts (7).jpgfunnel parts (8).jpgfunnel parts (9).jpgfunnel parts (10).jpgfunnel parts (11).jpgfunnel parts (12).jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Some very nice work on that funnel an bridge area it all looks very complex just as well Raymond you got the instructions but that's what I like about the big Y all those guns an plenty of detail to keep you busy as that's what modelin all about an enjoyin doin it lookin forward to more an it would be nice to see you fit on 1/350 figures of the crew walkin round her really set the model off that would
chris

shovelhead 1977

SMF Supporter
First Name
raymond
hi chris, yes seen some figures for this, theres no detail on them they are just flat, don't know if to get them or not, bought some railings for it really looking forward to putting them on , not !!!! still loads to put on yet, still waiting for wood deck to come

shovelhead 1977

SMF Supporter
First Name
raymond
some main mast parts, and nearly completed

Attachments

• main mast (2).jpg
    main mast (2).jpg
    47 KB · Views: 3
  • main mast (1).jpg
    main mast (1).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 3