Tamiya 1/48 A 10A Thunderbolt

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

So here's the completed model.

I've had some ups and downs, made a few mistakes, and hopefully learnt from them.

If you have seen my build thread on this you'll know it wasn't the best fit since the kit was first made in the 70's, but after a bit of filling, sanding and a splash of paint I'm pretty happy with the result. Obviously there are some things I could have done better but I still class myself as a novice so have to work within the limits of my skills and experience.

Thanks for looking,
Andy.

ccYba1w.jpg

VBJZ3sJ.jpg

ktyFoUp.jpg

IKNFZrc.jpg

35PoShc.jpg

Q24tAGw.jpg

VVDypx3.jpg

Attachments

• ccYba1w.jpg
    ccYba1w.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 3
D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks guys.

A bit clumsy with the decals, especially on the tail, but there were 3 sets in the kit so I guess I could go back and swap them once I've had a bit more practice

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Andy, I must say that you have done a bang up job on this oldie. Even with all the trials and tribulations, you drove on and came up with a real beauty! Yea, decals are a pain in the posterior and I am not to good with them either. It only gets better Sir!!! A wheely thing next???

Prost
Allen

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks for all the positive comments.

I agree Paul, I think it was a worthy addition. Since it's effectively a plane built around a gun we couldn't have the star of the show looking shabby.

Yes Allen, I've made a start on an armoured personnel carrier (BTR-80) today. Spent most of the time cleaning up flash and mould lines. Zvezda were certainly generous with the extra plastic they included :smiling5:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Very nice, it does look just as impressive right side up :smiling3: Sure, some things didn’t go quite to plan, but you don’t have to be a novice to have that happen to you. As others also said, you’ve made a much better-looking model than your average first-time builder, that’s for sure.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice Andy, it certainly looks ready for business.