Tamiya 1/48 F-14A Tomcat

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Thanks Chris. Looking at it in the daylight, I am happy with it.

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Change of pace today with these chaps...bit cringing seeing the blown up photo...sure they looked better with the naked eye, but figure painting has never been particularly natural to me. Hope to make a bit of a carrier deck base for everything to go on.
IMG_0756.JPGIMG_0755.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Jack the cat looks great in the Nimitz vershion but when I was doin my 1/144 scale tomcats the tails had yellow tops an a silver front tail fin but the same decals an there is nothing up with your flight deck crew better than I could ever do an on the flightdeck too really brilliant Jack im watchin
chris

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
HI Jack the cat looks great in the Nimitz vershion but when I was doin my 1/144 scale tomcats the tails had yellow tops an a silver front tail fin but the same decals an there is nothing up with your flight deck crew better than I could ever do an on the flightdeck too really brilliant Jack im watchin
chris
Thanks Chris. The only reason is I didn't have yellow paint and didn't really want to buy a fresh pot that would be unlikely to be used again.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jack
Weathering looks spot on to me. Certainly not overdone in my opinion. Figures are fine. Unless you are a Peter Day standard figure painter blowing up the photo never does us any favours. As part of a carrier deck dio/base they will be great.
Jim

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Hi Jack
Weathering looks spot on to me. Certainly not overdone in my opinion. Figures are fine. Unless you are a Peter Day standard figure painter blowing up the photo never does us any favours. As part of a carrier deck dio/base they will be great.
Jim
Thanks Jim

First Name
Gary
Brilliant build Jack. I admire your patience with the decals. Whilst I do very, very little weathering on my models I love it when I see something as good as this

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I like the flight deck … The model’s not too bad either :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Deck crew need to do a FOD check. Will look for the completed pics, very nice work Jack.