scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well the Klear has had more than enough time to dry. I did a tank at the same time and thats dry any way!

Now for the bit I have been dreading the most: Take a kit which is painted to a reasonably satisfactory standard and obliterate it was a very well thinned down oil paint!

My initial reaction was; AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH what have I done to it. But my pulse is back to normal and the rivits panel lines and other squiggly bits are now sporting a nice dark "shadow", so I guess it worked.

I now just need to add the serial number, give it another coat of clear and posibly a flat coat. Then I think I'm done with this one!

As this is just a fun build, is it permitted to build two? I think it would be kind of fun to find the German version of the actual 'plane that become PE 682.

View attachment 22852

08042010445..jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A bump in the road!

Just been trying to find what my plane was marked and painted as a German version!

Oh Bugger. Small detail; the serial nr was PE882 NOT PE 682. I was workong from a blown up downloaded scan, so the detail was not that good.

Bigger detail. The craft in question was not a 190 A-3, but an A-4.

Now there was an A-3 in RAF camo, but it was rather different and the Markings are of "the other type".

So I have two options really. Do it over? NO WAY.

Make a new Serial nr decal. MOST Likeable idea.

Say Sod it and cal it PE 682 and take the flak.

Does any one have the book Captured Butcherbirds Vol.1 ?

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'd call it PE682. She's looking good as she is. Can't help with that book I'm afraid.

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just to prove my total ignorance of things with wings:

How should the finnish be; total flat, satin, I guess it would not be shiny, but how matt should I go?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
As it was resprayed with british paints and wasn't in squadron service where it might have the finish adjusted or improved, depending on your point of view, I'd do it fairly matt. Not totally flat but only a hint of a sheen.

Cheers

Steve

F

Fenlander

I really like what you are doing with this one. Great to see something different.