Tamiya 1/48 G40 Bulldozer

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

Great work.

Glad to hear the Model Air is working ok. It took me a while to get used to it but I generally have s good experience now.

ATB.

Andrew

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Andrew but I guess I didn't explain well enough. It wasn't a case of getting used to it, it was the change of airbrush that has made all the difference.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looks to have turned out really well Andy. I also had a problem with Vallejo but I have not tried them with my new airbrush, after your experience perhaps I should.

Andy.

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
That chipping looks excellent. I rather like Vallejo Model Air. Steve J uses it a lot and his results are stunning.
Jim

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Andy & Jim. Really happy with the chipping myself.

I started on the weathering today, in fact it isn't far off done. After a panel line wash it got a few goings over with a concoction made from burnt sienna oil paint, thinner, and a couple of rust coloured dry pigments. I've also added an initial layer of dust coloured pigments to the tracks while access was good. This will be worked on further, as there's too much in some areas, and I want to add a couple of colours for variety, but at least there's something on the hidden areas that I won't be able to reach now that it's all glued up. Of course while I'm doing those I'll be adding the same pigments here & there around the rest of the dozer to tie it all together.

It looks a bit disjointed at the moment because of the tracks, but hopefully it'll come together tomorrow.

fkF3WcU.jpg

9CCY2MF.jpg

5wSWo3l.jpg

Oh, and I also painted the driver today and have the base 90% complete. It just needs a couple of finishing touches once the vehicle is in place.

Productive day! I'll need to order some more models to keep me busy until I return to work in April at this rate! :smiling5:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks Andrew but I guess I didn't explain well enough. It wasn't a case of getting used to it, it was the change of airbrush that has made all the difference.
My fault. You did explain. We're you using a cheaper airbrush or just a different make i of similar quality?

ATB.

Andrew

D

Deleted member 7181

After much research I'm now using the Mr Hobby PS-275 John.

The trigger style suits me much better, and the fact that (so far) it's handling Model Air better is a bonus.

As I said though, I won't count my chickens just yet. It may have been a fluke, or the planets were aligned correctly at that moment, but it went well enough for me a give VMA another chance :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Paul.

Quite a lot of snow fell here last night so I've just dug a trench to the shed and will crack on soon.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Sorry Andy. Totally missed this one. Had a very enjoyable read through. Will pop over and have a look at the final pics. Well done my friend

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Kevin, the completed pictures are here if you fancy a look.