Tamiya 1/48 Kfz.69

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Added the wheels, some accessories, the decals, and a dusty tinted matt coat. I think it needs more muck / dust / weathering, but with no natural light in the shed it helps to take things outside from time to time to see how I'm doing.

I've also noticed one of the clearance indicators on the front wings has been knocked wonky again. This is a wire replacement after breaking the kit one off too many times!

Y97oPh7.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
Jakko is right. I thought I recognised them :tongue-out3:
They fit and look good :thumb2:
Jim

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Paul.

I used the PVA & paint method I've seen you use to make the tarp, but I brushed it onto an Ikea chopping board. Being HDPE the dried mixture peeled straight off, and the embossed surface left behind a bit of texture. Tied up with strong black button thread from my sewing kit, I think it looks okay. In pictures I've seen them draped over the front wheel arches too, but I haven't managed to wrestle one into that shape yet!

The kit would have you put one pick axe on either side, but I put them both together in case I came up with an idea for some extra stowage for the other side.

Cheers Jim. At least my figures are all the same size so I didn't have to perform major surgery like you :smiling5:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andy,
I would be interested in what you think of that method. Good idea of using a textured surface. I will have to have a play .

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Neil.

I think it works really well Paul. I saw it on a Facebook group, then a couple of days later I saw your post pop up so knew I'd have to give it a try at some point. More robust than I imagined it would be, good thing for someone as clumsy as me!

I don't know about yours but mine stayed ever so slightly tacky (cheap Screwfix PVA and Vallejo Model Air) which made rolling it into shape a bit easier as it stayed where I put it, although not so tacky that I couldn't unroll again it if I wanted.

It stuck down well to the kit with CA glue.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

That's looking really very good indeed and it came together so quickly too. Interest idea on the tarpaulin. Not heard of that one before. Will have to give it a try!

As I said very well done indeed.

Andrew

D

Deleted member 7181

First round of dry pigments are on, and I've added a few extras. The bags & crates are actually 1/72 resin seconds I had, but fit well enough. The rope was made from button thread, PVA'd then sanded to reduce the fluff, painted in Model Air, then wound up around two bits of wire.

Oh, and I've knocked that *!#@$ thing off the front wing again!

OiBKixE.jpg

j0HSNaq.jpg

NojihLN.jpg

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andy,
Looking very good mate the additions are taking it to a new level.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Paul. I'm feeling a bit creative for a change so making the most of it :smiling3:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Andy, keep it going while the juices are flowing!! Rick H.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Rick and Jack.

I've added some more pigments to vary the colour a bit, but have hit a brick wall. Might just leave it at that and wait for my next kit to turn up in the post.

I really ought to start building up a bit of a stash so I've always got something else to turn to!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Wow! What a nice lot of additions you have made Andy. It certainly takes it to another level. I really enjoyed this build. Well done mate