Tamiya 1/48 ME Bf109E & AMMO mig solution box.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi everyone as all my modelling tools and paints are in storage waiting for our relocation to our new property I acquired a few things to keep me going in between. All built from the dinning room chair.Thanks for looking in and any comments left. Cheers John IMG_0346.JPGIMG_0358.JPGIMG_0359.JPGIMG_0361.JPGIMG_0362.JPGIMG_0363.JPGIMG_0364.JPGIMG_0353.JPG Sorry the photos are not in order.

Last edited:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Some progress made from the dinning table on the 109. The kit as gone together very well with a small amount of filling in a couple of places but no real major dramas. In fact I like it that much I've purchased another Tamiya 1/48 kit but more on that soon. I have to say I'm very impressed with the solutions box and all of its products from AMMO MIG. I particularly like the one shot primer and the how to guide book. I know all the relative information is available on the internet but I'm really enjoying the book. Thanks for looking in and any comments left. Cheers John IMG_0370.JPGIMG_0371.JPGIMG_0372.JPG[ATTACH=full

Last edited:

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Hi John, looking good mate. Looks like a nice little kit this one only done an eduard 109 which was a lovely little kit and have a hasegawa 109 in the stash which apparently is a bit of a classic. The AK solutions box looks like a good little idea, is everything in their needed for the build then? I have recently been using the AK panel lines and washes bottles (I.e kerosene leaks, oil stains ect) and they are quality. If you haven't already check out the AK interactive FAQ scale plane book, it's not cheap but is a fantastic reference and just a lovely thing to look at.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi John, looking good mate. Looks like a nice little kit this one only done an eduard 109 which was a lovely little kit and have a hasegawa 109 in the stash which apparently is a bit of a classic. The AK solutions box looks like a good little idea, is everything in their needed for the build then? I have recently been using the AK panel lines and washes bottles (I.e kerosene leaks, oil stains ect) and they are quality. If you haven't already check out the AK interactive FAQ scale plane book, it's not cheap but is a fantastic reference and just a lovely thing to look at.

Hi Phil the solutions box comes with all the products acquired for weathering a guide book and some paints for late German WW11 planes. I am more than pleased with it and would recommend it. The book you speak of I already have in my collection. Cheers John IMG_0345.JPG

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi everyone a small update of the 109. It is now under primer and I had a quick practice at some mottle effect with the surplus paint from my airbrush cup. I think I'll need to practice more!!! Thanks for looking in.
Cheers John.
ATTACH=full]344208[/ATTACH]IMG_0383.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0384.JPG
    IMG_0384.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 10

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Morning all heres another small update. Last night I applied some AK worn effects to the wing roots and the upper fuselage around the cockpit for some chipping effects later hopefully.Having never used this product before I don't know how it behaves so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. I then carried on and did some pre shading effects. I knocked them back in a few sessions until I thought they loooked about right in my opinion. Thanks for looking in and any comments left cheers John IMG_0385.JPGIMG_0386.JPGIMG_0389.JPGIMG_0390.JPGIMG_0391.JPGIMG_0392.JPGIMG_0393.JPGIMG_0394.JPGIMG_0395.JPGIMG_0396.JPGIMG_0397.JPGIMG_0398.JPG

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Managed to get a bit of paint down on the 109 over the last few days but still a fair bit to do. Thanks for looking in and any comments left
cheers John IMG_0407.JPGIMG_0408.JPG

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
This is looking very nice. And remembering, you are building without are your normal supplies/equipment, the result is even better.

impressed with the solutions box
That does look a good idea - maybe not so much for the established modeller, who has acquired all sorts of 'stuff' over the years, but people new to the hobby, why not. But do tell, what was the surprise gift ? Not the 'King of Glue' surely…..

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Thanks Colin for your kind comments. The "surprise" I really didn't want to give this away but as you've forced my arm I will. Drum roll please............. 2 micro brushes.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Morning all slowly plodding along with the 109 just needs a clean up and I'll be putting down a gloss ready for decals. Thanks for looking in and any comments left cheers John.

IMG_0423.JPGIMG_0424.JPG