Tamiya 1/48 MiG 15

B

bluebottle

Here we go

Refs:

Sprues

haven't decided which scheme for the camo,as I'll be waiting on whether a set of Korean AF decals gets here or not...

Paint more than likely Tamiya's own

S

Saul Sheldon

Hi Bluebottle

Looks like a lovely kit that.

I notce that Tamiya seem to hae provided the Nene engine with the kit, as well as what looks like a trolley for it to go on. Is that right?

It's a bit of an obsession of mine (unhealthy of course...) but I like to know which aircraft kits come with complete engines included e.g the new Revell Lanc has a couple of Merlin engines included I believe. Also most 1/48 kits of the German WWII jets (and Rockets)

It's funny, but you quite often see Mig 15/17 engines, which were of course virtual copies of the Rolls Royce Nene that we sent the Soviets (free of charge...), but I haven't seen a kit of a British aircraft with that engine included. I don't think I have seen one made by any of the aftermarket companies either, for that matter.

Well good luck with the build

Saul

B

bluebottle

\ said:
Here we goRefs:

Sprues

haven't decided which scheme for the camo,as I'll be waiting on whether a set of Korean AF decals gets here or not...

Paint more than likely Tamiya's own
Small update..

spent most of the time building the engine(don't know why, as it'll not be seen)

Rough cutting some non-existent straps for the seat, fuselage closed up

B

bluebottle

Wings and tailplanes on, a couple of gaps fixed with Mr Surfacer...

Primed, reavealing an uneven gun trough panel, so...

B

bluebottle

Time Warp

Forgot the preshade pix,so now it's TA_RA!!!!!!!!

now to the Klear...

B

bluebottle

Finally....

just remembered, one of the cannons fell off....