Tamiya 1/48 P-38 Lightning.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Really really really enjoyed building this kit! I'm almost sad it's over.

The fit and engineering is like nothing I've ever experienced, and there's enough detail OOB to keep me happy, although aftermarket can supply even more goodies. As always there are a few things I could have done better on the painting side, but over all I'm well chuffed with the outcome. I feel like I'm almost ready to trade in a kidney and do justice to one of the amazing 1/32 scale aircraft I keep drooling over.

Thanks as always for the help, encouragement and great feedback along the way.

WWHC8Um.jpg

r5Y6vX3.jpg

SynUoQs.jpg

1EfItnP.jpg

r088iPM.jpg

Bq5eoF4.jpg

DIjdTAG.jpg

OGc55VF.jpg

And a couple in B&W

S0RiX85.jpg

a0XlMh0.jpg

vlwI4xX.jpg

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Best one yet and a deserved finish for a good kit Andy. :thumb2:
Some people can afford it but just can't cut it but will obviously enjoy building the expensive kit. I bet if you can spare the kidney you'll do justice to it and enjoy it at the same time.

Cheers,
Richard

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Beautifully done, but the cockpit really separates it from the pack. Adding the figure brought it all to life for me. PaulE

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks for all the great comments everyone, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Looks like I'd better get some overtime in as there are a few kits that I've got my eye on already and those big ones don't come cheap, but if I enjoy them as much as this then it'll be well worth it.

And thanks Pete. I keep looking back at that first Spitfire and have the inclination to build the exact kit again for my "anniversary" in April, to see just how much I've absorbed from you guys in a year.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Very good-looking model. I agree that the chipping around the cockpit isn’t too well done, but aside from that little issue, I don’t think there’s any you could say against it. Very well painted, nothing overdone or too artsy for my taste :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 7181

Cheers Jakko.

That silver is mostly just blobbed on with a sponge, not my finest work lol. Once I've gotten the hang of hairspray type chipping results should improve.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Colin. I played around with some of filters in Windows own editing app and they turned out quite well.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andy you've well and truly done this proud.
Great details on those wings with the boots marks, and the pilot faces is superb.
Well done gets a deserved :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks John. Thomas gave me a few tips for the pilot so he deserves some of the credit for that.

I've just started another kit that might take your fancy too. Gnarly, Russian and Green, just how you like 'em :smiling5: