Tamiya 1:48 P51D Mustang

F

Ferrets Bueller

Im building this as a thankyou to another friend of mine (just like one of the Stukas), not a plane i would normally build but after making this i think i will make one for myself.

Cockpit sprayed and weathered.

Ignore my "nail varnish"

Needed to close up the rear landing wheel so thought the best way was to cut some plasticard to size and glue and fill it, it worked ok.

Following phils build on the website i primered in black then used citadel mythril (sp) silver and crapping myself i set to work with the airbrush it came out well and phils right its great paint.

Sprayed some chainmail in places on the wingtops subtle but you can just about see it. And masked off the cockpit for the black using tamiya x1.

Well its all done.

Nice kit to build and a nice metallic paint to paint. I just hope my mate likes it. I even fancy building one for myself now.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Very Nice, it's great to see a stand too. One thing though Paul, nail varnish not your colour mate. And i see you can't do your toes hehehe.

Have fun, John

B

Bunkerbarge

Very nice finish and quite a striking model. I do like to see a model aircraft in flight as it was designed to look. The silver finish has come out particularly well and the panel detail shows up just the right amount, not easy to get right on such a surface. I also like the cockpit detail and great to see a pilot in place, which can all be seen so well through that huge canopy.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent job paul, the natural metal is great, you can see the different shades in the last pic. Ill have to try spraying the citadel paints, till now ive only ever brushed them but they are good arent they. A nice change to see a post war mustang too. cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nice build. It has to be to get a natural metal finish to look that good. I'm sure it will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

F

Ferrets Bueller

Cheers guys, for a metallic finish in acrylic the citadel gets my vote, its excellent pint with a high metal flake content. My mate actually really liked the model so i was happy with that, and i really want to make one for myself now too.