Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Mk V b - Back to Scale Modelling.

B

Builder

Hello All,

I would firstly like to say its good to be back. To all those I have got to know on SMF, I would like to say hello! To all the new members since I was last on this forum (which I think was a year ago now) I would like to say hello as well!
I have been away from scale modelling due to kids, and duty taking over life. With these things in the way I really didn't feel like building models. I picked up a kit again about a month ago now and this time took it much slower. This is also my first Aircraft in 1/48 scale. I have always built aircraft in 1/72 before this.

I made a few mistakes with this one, but I think by now I understand that this is part of modelling. Also I was never really concerned with historical accuracy. I am concerned with the build and the finish. I tried some preshading and post shading on this one. It is hard to tell in the photos, however you can clearly see it in the video.

Here it is my completed Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Mk V (b). This is the old tool.
I have gone for a well maintained aircraft with some stains on it and some faded paint. So something not too dirty but stained if that makes sense.

My camera has been damaged and so the photos do not do it justice. The video however does do it justice. I hope you all enjoy the video. (the music signifies a comeback!)

Here are some photos.

As always I hope you enjoyed the thread. All comments welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice Bob. Occasionally I see someone has built a Spitfire and I think, I need to build another one of these, your build makes me feel just like that. Good job.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Good job Bob, yup I don't mind another one after this...

Cheers,
Richard