Tamiya 1/72 Bf109 G-6

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Cheers Colin, I'll take a look at that. I've pretty much run out of things to build (although I have a few to finish lol) so need to stock up.

MRP - well it sure lives up to it's reputation and I'll certainly be buying more of it in the future. Looks like I need to plan ahead though as supply seems a bit hit & miss. Might be easier to just get it straight from the manufacturer!

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excellent build Andy. And, another fine endorsement of the quality of MRP paints and what can be achieved.
Stunning Braille scale Gustaf!
Cheers
Paul

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Paul.

I must say I wasn't overjoyed with MRP the first time I tried it, far too thin I thought, really hard to control. However I quickly adjusted to it and think with a bit more practice I'll really love it.
I'm almost thinking I need a smaller needle for it as the 0.2mm H&S can really hose it on. I hardly need to breath on the trigger!

First Name
Gary
Love the underside Andy. I'm just finishing a Tamiya FW190 and will have a weather of the sky blue underside. I tend to spray everything at 20PSI. I keep forgetting to change it for different uses but so far no problems. I spray the Pledge Gloss neat at 20psi and it mists nicely

D

Deleted member 7181

Cheers Gary.

I've just ordered the FW190 from John after Colin's recommendation. If it's anything like this one I'm looking forward to it. There's no real weathering on this, just paint, decals, a black water colour wash, then matt varnish.

First Name
Gary
The Tamiya is an easy build because of Tamiya quality, mine was the 1/48. It has a fairly complex camo pattern so I brush the small bits as it was just to fiddly to airbrush them. Underside and top base coat plus wing uppers were airbrushed though. I’ll post it in completed when done

The water colour wash is quite effective Andy. Just the right amount of age. Might try similar

Last edited:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Beautifully done Andy. The speckle camo freehand is really good and a testimony to good paint and deft hand skills. The kit is so nicely enraved that the panel wash came out good.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Richard, and thanks again for the pointers on the washes, they are my new favourite thing! :smiling5:

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Steve.

I'll be starting the Fw190 soon, also in 1/72. Fun, straightforward builds amongst the bigger stuff.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That's an excellent result Andy, and in 1/72 too.