Tamiya acrylics safe?

A

AJay

Does anyone else use them? I find them slightly better than Vallejos for airbrushing, so hope they're okay.

I bought quite a few new bottles of Tamiya acrylic paint and just happened to notice, (only on one of the bottles) there's a health warning from the State of CA, saying it can cause a number serious health problems.

Is this is so, why are they still selling this stuff in Europe? I bought mine mail order from the UK.

I use a mask, have my window open, and a fan on to direct air out, but is it safe to use? :busted_blue:

Cheers

S

Sky Raider

I must admit, i use them occasionally, i have many little jars. They smell great, i think its the Alcohol that's added. I only brush paint with them have never tried the airbrush. The are very thin and i find cover well with just one coat.

Andy

First Name
Adrian
I only ever use Tamiya paints, the warning is the same as what they put on the side of Zip Kicker, LA law has a very strict code and so they over compensate with those warnings, its a warning or be sued type atmosphere from what I hear.

As for airbrushing I never have any issues just thin them down 50:50 with their thinner or IPA, alchol rub to you and me.

B

Bunker-Boys

California seems to have some stiff regulations on everything. I think they might even put that on products just so that no one can sue the state if they do get sick. I bought a new airbrush needle from Badger yesterday and the package said it might cause cancer or health problems in the state of CA. I see it on lots of products...but no other states or provinces (in Canada) have that statement on anything that I've seen.

D

dubster72

California is the personal lawsuit capital of the world! Observe the usual precautions Alex & you'll be fine ;)

Cheers

Patrick

A

AJay

Thanks guys, glad to hear I haven't just wasted a load of money :smiling3:

A

andygh

Everything has health warnings in California :moneyeyes: