Tamiya Churchill Mk VII Gun Tank - Normandy 1944

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi - Snagged this on EBay for a tenner - Worth it for the figure set alone. Built in a couple of days.

No tracks or decals included but robbed a set of tracks from an AFV Club kit in my stash (I have Fruils for the MK III).

Undecided on unit marking as yet.

Paint is Ammo MIG British Olive Drab- which is remarkably shiny - "dreadlocks" and stowage from green-stuff putty - weathered with chalk pastels.

Will be interesting to compare with the AFV club kit

Mark
IMGP9362.JPGIMGP9363.JPGIMGP9364.JPGIMGP9366.JPGIMGP9367.JPGIMGP9368.JPG
IMGP9369.JPG
IMGP9370.JPG
IMGP9371.JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Lovely work!

First Name
Stu
..simply stunning...makes me want to give up before I even start!!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mark
Nice one :thumb2: Most definitely worth a tenner.
Jim

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
..simply stunning...makes me want to give up before I even start!!
Don't ever give up - you'll be amazed how quickly you improve - I was surprised how quickly this went together - I think Tamiya have massively simplified the suspension ( which can't really be seen ) so the parts count is manageable. I have an AFV Club Mk III on the "I'll get round to it" list which probably has double the parts count OOB and I've got PE & Fruil tracks to add to it so that will take ages.

I tend to make most of my own stowage as I'm basically a cheapskate! "Green-stuff" or Milliput is quite easy to work with once you've got the hang of it.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Looks good, and the camouflage certainly makes it interesting :smiling3:

Will be interesting to compare with the AFV club kit
That’s no contest :smiling3: Ease of construction: Tamiya. Detail and accuracy: AFV Club.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Oooh, pretty!

Ebayed my AFV Dieppe Churchill a while back - that suspension gave me nightmares
And that was before I realised half the pieces were missing anyway...

And your stowage is excellent!

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The AFV Club Churchill suspension is quite doable, but only if you don’t follow the instructions :smiling3:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
very nice work

bargain for a tenner!

First Name
Mike
Looks just about perfect to me. :thumb2: I'm guessing the Green Stuff putty you used must be different than what I know it as, which is a tube of green filler paste (from Squadron). Can you give me more details?

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Looks just about perfect to me. :thumb2: I'm guessing the Green Stuff putty you used must be different than what I know it as, which is a tube of green filler paste (from Squadron). Can you give me more details?
The green stuff putty is a two-part epoxy ribbon that is blue and yellow ,when mixed it is green. It has a working time of about 10 minutes or so and sets hard in a few hours. Also known as kneadlite.

First Name
Mike
The green stuff putty is a two-part epoxy ribbon that is blue and yellow ,when mixed it is green. It has a working time of about 10 minutes or so and sets hard in a few hours. Also known as kneadlite.

Thanks Mark, I'll look for some online.