Tamiya - Daimler Dingo MkII - 1/35 (1972)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wow Dale..........don't let JR see that petrol drum so close to an open fire......he's bound to get ideas that won't end well for you diorama!!.......just an observation Sir. :thumb2: Rick H.

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
Wow Dale..........don't let JR see that petrol drum so close to an open fire......he's bound to get ideas that won't end well for you diorama!!.......just an observation Sir. :thumb2: Rick H.
Lol. Thanks Rick, very kind. I did think about John as I added a fire! I reckon it's at a safe distance though, and there's nothing green in sight, so should be OK.
Look forward to seeing it in the completed section :thumb2:
It will be as soon as the figures and other bits are done Mark. Thanks for commenting, appreciate it sir.

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
So apparently I'd forgotten a thing or two about how to paint these past thirty years - go figure! (pun intended). After a friendly reminder (thank you @Tim Marlow :smiling3:) I went back to my soldier. That's better.
IMG_20210920_213623073_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210920_213357568.jpg

Bloomin' camera keeps focusing on my fingers though - probably just as well. Looks better blurred. lol.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Bloomin' camera keeps focusing on my fingers though - probably just as well. Looks better blurred. lol.
Is this with a phone or tablet? Then tap the screen where you want it to focus. (This may be a bit difficult if you’re holding the figure in one hand and the device in another, of course :smiling3:)

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
Is this with a phone or tablet? Then tap the screen where you want it to focus. (This may be a bit difficult if you’re holding the figure in one hand and the device in another, of course :smiling3:)
It was my phone, and I was tapping to focus; kept refocusing on my fingers though! i'll try against a more neutral background next time. Thank you anyway Jakko :smiling3:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I mentioned it mostly because a lot of people don’t know you can tap to focus :smiling3: It could be in your case that you moved your hands closer together between focussing and taking the picture, maybe?

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
So I think I'm calling the vehicle itself done now. I've still to paint the officer, and add the figures to complete the diorama, but I can't see much more I can do on the vehicle itself. So, posting here, and pics in completed builds.
Completed vehicle posted here.

Last edited:

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
Quick update, as the figures are blocked out now. Need to do the details, and the lighting makes them look shinier than they are. The private will probably end up with a cricket bat in hand. This is turning out to be a rest break, and time for the officer to consult his map. I think I much prefer this to a "war" dio, and it's just kind of evolved of it's own accord...
IMG_20210922_221941372.jpg
IMG_20210922_222003426.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Dale, I agree......I have only completed one dio. (others are in process) but I did the same thing. It just sort of morphed into it's completed state before I realised it was an evacuation check point.
Keep it coming,
Rick H.