Tamiya Honda VFR 750 R.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I will make a start on this tomorrow.
51406325481_a6b7a2b2aa_b.jpg

Only 4 sprues with parts, a bag with tyres, a spring, screws and tubing and a screwdriver. The clear parts also include the top and bottom fairing panels in clear plastic, that should make painting it fun.
51836972034_e57c81a08f_b.jpg

51835671912_c66058f106_b.jpg

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I have most of the work on the engine done now, methinks this will be a time consuming build as there are so many parts to paint before assembly.
51841016029_a34ff6cab9_b.jpg

51840773213_bc70c476f4_b.jpg

If I can do the rest properly I think it will be a nice model when it's done. Perhaps the paint booth is not the best place to take pictures as it has made the engine look much lighter than the actual colour which is metallic grey with a touch of brown mixed in.

Andy.

Last edited:

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
I have most of the work on the engine done now, methinks this will be a time consuming build as there are so many parts to paint before assembly.
51841016029_a34ff6cab9_b.jpg

51840773213_bc70c476f4_b.jpg

If I can do the rest properly I think it will be a nice model when it's done. Perhaps the paint booth is not the best place to take pictures as it has made the engine look much lighter than the actual colour which is metallic silver with a touch of brown mixed in.

Andy.
Looks good in the gun metal flavour

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andy most impressed with the engine, looks a real metal casing . What paint did you use please ?

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy most impressed with the engine, looks a real metal casing . What paint did you use please ?
John, my choice of paints are Tamiya, not to everyones taste as they do not have the vast choice of colours and shades that other manufactures provide, but I have always used them and I am used to how much to thin, and what pressures work best so I stick with them. I have tried Vallejo a couple of times but I just can not get on with them them, each to their own I suppose.
To answer your question, the paint on the engine is Metallic grey with just a drop of Nato brown to try and replicate the magnesium cases of the original, perhaps not spot on but it will do for me.

Andy.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Don,t know how I managed to double post, could a moderator delete one please.

Andy.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Andy bike build lookin good a question though as it got an exhaust each side or are they all into one as i love to see exhaust's on each side so it looks nicely balanced ?
chris

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
HI Andy bike build lookin good a question though as it got an exhaust each side or are they all into one as i love to see exhaust's on each side so it looks nicely balanced ?
chris
Chris, it is a V four engine with all four pipes joining it to one at the rear of the engine so only one silencer on the left side.

Andy.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, it is a V four engine with all four pipes joining it to one at the rear of the engine so only one silencer on the left side.

Andy.
oh Andy sorry to say dont like them like this as to me an exhaust on each side makes the bike looks well ballanced but im not critisising your build to me just an observation
chris

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

Sorry missed the updates. Coming on very nicely indeed.

ATB.

Andrew