Tamiya Honda VFR 750 R.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
hi printed i need to coat them with water proofer, PM me your address and once you get them you can reimburse the postage if thats ok with you?
simon
That would be brilliant Simon, will PM you shortly and as well as postage I will give a fiver to John for the forum if that's OK with you.

Andy.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I put it together tonight to see how bad it looked, should not have bothered as I found another problem. The front fairing mount that goes from the front of the tank to the screen is not long enough, not a big deal to make one so I may do that and also fit the front indicators and the mesh on the fairing in front of the radiator/oil cooler.
51870514816_d5e2ff4095_b.jpg

51869551392_cd152de414_b.jpg

It looks better in the photos as it does in the flesh, believe me!

Andy.

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
I put it together tonight to see how bad it looked, should not have bothered as I found another problem. The front fairing mount that goes from the front of the tank to the screen is not long enough, not a big deal to make one so I may do that and also fit the front indicators and the mesh on the fairing in front of the radiator/oil cooler.
51870514816_d5e2ff4095_b.jpg

51869551392_cd152de414_b.jpg

It looks better in the photos as it does in the flesh, believe me!

Andy.
Looks really good, not sure where the issue is but nice build

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
After finishing the Terminator I had another look at this seeing as Simontie sent me some decals. Tried with Micro Sol to loosen the old decals but did not remove much so I put the seat/tail unit in a bath of IPA and that worked and took it right back to the plastic. While there I took another look at the instructions and found another problem, caused by me being stupid, or colour blind. At first glance at the box art and the instructions the blue looks all the same on the bike, but it's not and I have painted the tank the wrong colour, just as well I did not spray the fairing parts at the same time so the tank will have to go in the IPA bath as well. Now I will have to wait for paint coming, but it will get there...........honest!

Andy.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Bad news I'm afraid, when trying to fit the decals to the seat/tail unit the first one worked OK but the second was starting to break up even before I tried to take it off the backing paper. I thought I might be able to fit it together but to no avail, I am just so fed up with this now I think it is destined for the bin. It's a bit of a shame, but if I can not build it to my satisfaction then there is no joy in going any further, I did enjoy the build up to this point but as it was a £20 kit there is no great loss.

Andy.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s a shame, it was looking very good. When it stops being fun it’s time to stop though. I understand the problem with Tamiya decals. I’ve had bits floating in the water from one end, but still welded to the backing paper at the other end….

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Bad news I'm afraid, when trying to fit the decals to the seat/tail unit the first one worked OK but the second was starting to break up even before I tried to take it off the backing paper. I thought I might be able to fit it together but to no avail, I am just so fed up with this now I think it is destined for the bin. It's a bit of a shame, but if I can not build it to my satisfaction then there is no joy in going any further, I did enjoy the build up to this point but as it was a £20 kit there is no great loss.

Andy.
Sorry to here this, but i tottal understand your frustration,
i have copys of the decals printed there a lighter shade so if you want to try in the future let me know,what about an after market set?

simontie

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Cheers Simon but I looked long and hard before for aftermarket decals for the kit but could not find any and I have now conceded defeat with this model and just lost all interest in it, so much so that it is now in the bin and I have plenty more to be getting on with.

Andy.