Tamiya LP any opinions

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi all

Just used for the first time Tamiyas Lacquer paints ( LP ) on Kagero, very impressed. Like Mr Color very easy to thin, spray and clean up and importantly no so smelly, so impressed!

However looking at numerous paint comparison charts and LP are not mentioned or listed! Seems they are the bottled version of Tamiyas TS spray paints.

The Hobby Color converter app, has them but not one colour has a alternative version from say Mr Color.

So this is stopping me from using them as I cannot cross reference Mr Color on a trumpeter kit to LP!!

Anybody else use them or has experienced this too??

Ta bob

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Odd, Tamiya’s LP numbers and paint names are not at all the same as for the X- and XF-series … I would have expected them to have used the same ones, to clearly show which is which, but no :sad:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Odd, Tamiya’s LP numbers and paint names are not at all the same as for the X- and XF-series … I would have expected them to have used the same ones, to clearly show which is which, but no :sad:
Very odd, they do the major IJN colours but otherwise impossible to x reference.

For example they do the IJN linoleum but there's no comparison at all.

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I've tried a couple and they are really nice paints, but the numbering & cross reference issue will stop me buying many.

Some of the latest Tamiya kits do include LP references but that won't help most people.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I've tried a couple and they are really nice paints, but the numbering & cross reference issue will stop me buying many.

Some of the latest Tamiya kits do include LP references but that won't help most people.
Thankfully I have a few ( really a lot ) IJN ships so will use LP as they cover the various shipyard paints. But for other countries??