Tamiya M10 IIC Achilles

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers guys. :smiling3:

I realised after unmasking that I had made a mistake. The interior was primed with grey, and the exterior with black, so inside the turret is slighly lighter. However I think it will work to my advantage as presumably the outside would get dirtier, and it will help highlight the interior details somewhat.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I'm a big fan of contrast and shading on my models Bob so the difference between the interior and exterior is perfect. Wonderful work. It must have been nice unmasking it all and seeing the interior again

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers Steve. :smiling3:

Yes it was, particularly as none of the interior parts had fallen off. One thing I've noticed with Hataka paints (possibly all lacquers?) is that TET won't dissolve the paint like it does with acrylics. With the parts I've just added I had masked some areas of clear plastic where I could, and scraped paint where I couldn't to facilitate good bonds.

I will have to re-mask when I spray the matt coat later as I don't want to get any on my shiny brass. :tears-of-joy:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
It's looking good Bob, the .50 cal & the shells are impressive.

D

Deleted member 7181

One thing I've noticed with Hataka paints (possibly all lacquers?) is that TET won't dissolve the paint like it does with acrylics.
I know it dissolves Mr Color & MRP lacquers. The quick setting one struggles a bit, seems to evaporate before it's had time to eat through the paint, but the regular one is generally OK.

Must be something extra in the Hataka making it more durable?

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers Andy, admittedly I was using extra thin so maybe next time I will use the regular and see how it gets on. :smiling3:

I started on the figures this weekend. Heads are done, I still struggle with these but I think I'm getting better. They should look OK from a distance anyway. :tears-of-joy:

1.jpg

I think I will put some smoke on the drivers goggles as they came out a bit more sparkly than I intended.

I also got the bodies painted up, glossed and washed. I will give these a dry brush in a lighter shade to pick up the highlights, matt coat them and finish painting the hands and hopefully they will then be ready to join their respective heads.

2.jpg

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cheers Andy, admittedly I was using extra thin so maybe next time I will use the regular and see how it gets on. :smiling3:

I started on the figures this weekend. Heads are done, I still struggle with these but I think I'm getting better. They should look OK from a distance anyway. :tears-of-joy:

View attachment 377556

I think I will put some smoke on the drivers goggles as they came out a bit more sparkly than I intended.

I also got the bodies painted up, glossed and washed. I will give these a dry brush in a lighter shade to pick up the highlights, matt coat them and finish painting the hands and hopefully they will then be ready to join their respective heads.

View attachment 377557
You struggle I wish I could get my figures to look that good mate.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Bob
Figures are great. They will most certainly look the part.
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Wonderful work on the heads Bob. They will be the icing on the cake of a fantastic build

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Really well done on the figures Bob. They will compliment the build nicely.

John