Tamiya M20

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul thanks for that on the Klear, I had thought you used it on the whole model instead of varnish. As to the flow I need to get my washes to the right mix.

A great build, made so much more personal by the addition of the "crap in the back " This to me is what modelling is about, being able to include details that make the finished article really stand out .
Hope to see this next year at Peterborough Show in the flesh.
John.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
A really first class model. The build, the detailing, the painting - you've cracked it. Allen is right, your work does get better and better. Enjoyed this and looking forward to the dio.
Jim
Jim, Thanks mate really happy you like it. As to getting better I have to up my game to keep up with you guys.
Wow mate you're work keeps getting better and better, a joy to look at
Mick really appreciate the comment as I said to Jim I have to try and keep up.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul thanks for that on the Klear, I had thought you used it on the whole model instead of varnish. As to the flow I need to get my washes to the right mix.

A great build, made so much more personal by the addition of the "crap in the back " This to me is what modelling is about, being able to include details that make the finished article really stand out .
John.
John, I do use it over the whole build sorry I probably didn't explain very well. Glad you like the overall finish, it's fun and a lot cheaper to make your own stuff. Thanks for sticking with it.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Any armor sharp edge or depending on the cap, a tie down would work as opener. Beautiful work Scottie.
Just got back from AMPS convention in Buffalo NY. Misread the rules and didn't take anything, but the models on display & seminars were excellent. Very well researched & presented. Vender participation was sparse except for books/documentation & paints. Your M20 would have been a real contender. PaulE

Last edited:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Very nice - looking forward to seeing the base

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Wow Wee!! That's a stunning build Paul. I really have enjoyed watching you add all the details onto this build. The finished result is something else. Well done mate. Looking forward to seeing the base. Hopefully it will be another one of your legendary buildings. Good luck

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Superb result Paul, love how all those details come together in the final photos. :thumb2: :thumb2:

Looking forward to see it on the dio.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you guys I am really blown away with the great comments and support I have received during the build it is really appreciated. As to the base there will be no buildings but hopefully you will like it.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Paul,
Finally at the end of this build. And you just seem to be getting better and better, will look for the base in the dio section. Critics - bit of lead rubbed around the MG ring/slide is all, and that was nit picking. Will now go and stick head back in bucket....
Cheers, Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael

John.
John,
Ref wash mix in oils, I usually add about the size of a large pea and then about enough thinners to just cover, the container is one from a Hycoat car primer spray can about 50mm high x 60mm diameter. Test on the side for opacity. When finished give it about 30 minutes ar room temp and then use a wide soft brush that is damp/almost dry with thinners and remove any excess.
Hope this helps
Cheers, Mike.
And Scottie sorry for blocking your blog.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
Ref wash mix in oils, I usually add about the size of a large pea and then about enough thinners to just cover, the container is one from a Hycoat car primer spray can about 50mm high x 60mm diameter. Test on the side for opacity. When finished give it about 30 minutes ar room temp and then use a wide soft brush that is damp/almost dry with thinners and remove any excess.
Hope this helps
Cheers, Mike.
And Scottie sorry for blocking your blog.
Mike, No worries at all that is good advice for John I should have said that lol. The good things about making the wash for yourself is it can be as thick or thin as you like and its a hell of a lot cheaper than bottled stuff.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul,
Finally at the end of this build. And you just seem to be getting better and better, will look for the base in the dio section. Critics - bit of lead rubbed around the MG ring/slide is all, and that was nit picking. Will now go and stick head back in bucket....
Cheers, Mike.
Mike thanks mate really appreciate the kind comment as to the burnishing to the turret ring I did the top but then forgot to redo it when I had sprayed the matt coat I will put that right.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mike, No worries at all that is good advice for John I should have said that lol. The good things about making the wash for yourself is it can be as thick or thin as you like and its a hell of a lot cheaper than bottled stuff.
I often wondered why I paid out for stuff that I had used for years.....

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Mike, will try that .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul ,:thumb2: cheers.