Tamiya M20

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice coat of OD Paul, neat paint work of the stowage too.
Neat to see to see all that work coming to life with a touch of colour, nothing too stark about it. :thumb2:
Thanks Fernando appreciate the comments thanks for dropping by.
Looking good to me :smiling3:.
Thanks Ralph glad your looking in.
I've fallen behind with this Paul , sorry.
Can't offer any help with the highlighting, but can't see anything wrong with it anyway. As the guys have said the stowage is brilliant.
John, no worries mate there is a lot to keep up with on here but glad you like it so far.
Sorry for not posting.. i've been away for a while... well as usual results are fantastic keep it coming
Greg good to see you, I trust you had a nice break.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The paint work is now underway. Decals have been applied and the whole kit sealed with a coat of Klear. The surfaces have received a oil dot wash using various browns, greens and white. Details have been picked out with a pin was using a mix of burnt sienna and black. Some of the details have been picked out with OD lightened with light flesh. When this had dried various scratches were added with a fine brush and sponge. It is not readily visible in the photos due to the glare from the glossed surface.

The .50 calibre has been painted up ready to be fitted later.

Following some great advice I have painted up some of the bags etc. They were base coated with acrylic left to dry then painted with oils left for a few minutes then using a dry flat brush the oil was removed. I must admit that apart from requiring a matt coat I am really happy with the way they have turned out.

and finally the stowage. I'm not sure I am 100% happy with this I might start again.

As always thanks for looking

Scottie

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Tremendous support from all the guys and rightly so. Some wonderful work on the stowage
I'm not to sure what you mean about it looking stark? Do you mean colourless or without depth??
You certainly have gone a long way in improving the look with your latest update.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Looks great to me and the Matt coat will make it even better.
Jim
Hi Jim, I hope it will.
Tremendous support from all the guys and rightly so. Some wonderful work on the stowage
I'm not to sure what you mean about it looking stark? Do you mean colourless or without depth??
You certainly have gone a long way in improving the look with your latest update.
Hi Steve, by stark I mean that when I try to show the high lights and creases in bags and cloth etc the transition between them is to sharp I cannot seem to blend them together. I have tried doing wet on wet as described by Peter day who makes it look so easy lol. I guess it is another area of this fine hobby I need to practice.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Hey Paul I didn't know what an M20 was so I only looked at this yesterday,sorry.
All I can say is WOW! It's well up to your usual astonishing standard.
As for the stowage, I think Jim is right - just give it a matt coat and maybe a dust with couple of pastels and it will ping as always!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hey Paul I didn't know what an M20 was so I only looked at this yesterday,sorry.
All I can say is WOW! It's well up to your usual astonishing standard.
As for the stowage, I think Jim is right - just give it a matt coat and maybe a dust with couple of pastels and it will ping as always!
Thanks Neil, Good to see you and thanks for the kind words The more I look at the stowage I think I will make a new one.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Top drawer stuff Paul and that .50 cal is a real gem. I think the stowage looks fine and your oil work did the trick. Dust it up a little and you're on with another winner my friend. Did all the tie downs survive so far???

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm with Allen and the rest on this, looks the bomb Scottie. But you do what your insides tell you, can't go wrong there. Cheers, Rick H.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Top drawer stuff Paul and that .50 cal is a real gem. I think the stowage looks fine and your oil work did the trick. Dust it up a little and you're on with another winner my friend. Did all the tie downs survive so far???
Hi Allen good to see you. I have decided to redo the rear deck stowage and will look at it tomorrow hopefully it will look a bit better. Yes unbelievably I haven't lost one so far.
I'm with Allen and the rest on this, looks the bomb Scottie. But you do what your insides tell you, can't go wrong there. Cheers, Rick H.
HI Rick thanks mate glad your liking the build so far.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very impressive work going on here. That MG is something else. Brilliant work.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very impressive work going on here. That MG is something else. Brilliant work.
Colin, Thank you very kind of you to say.
The helmets & packs show texture much better than the rear stowage. I think they are very close to perfect. PaulE
Paul, Thanks fella I like the way the packs have come out, the rear stowage has been remade so hopefully will look a bit better.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Paul
Your work on paying attention to details keeps getting better. Like Steve said Glad we support you I think that helps

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul
Your work on paying attention to details keeps getting better. Like Steve said Glad we support you I think that helps
Lee,
Your quite right the support, help and guidance of the great modellers on here is what leads us to improve. I try to put the finer details in but don't always have the skills to match my aspirations.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Just have fun with it If super detailing is your way of having fun and the enjoyment and satisfaction then do it I say.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have reworked the rear deck and although still not 100% happy I think it looks a little better than before. This is pretty much ready for a matt coat and the finer details painting. Then it will be weathered and the wheels added.

I have noticed from the picture that there is a snag I need to remove from the antenna hook wire.

cheers Scottie