Tamiya M20

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Not going to say a word, everyone else has beaten me to it......
53951412-brilliant-freehand-speech-bubble-textured-cartoon-word.jpg
Cheers, Mike.
(FOR DISCUSSION ONLY)

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
That's wonderful work Paul. Lovin the bottles. Where is the bottle opener? :smiling3: When you work out how to paint tarps let me know cause I struggle with them. Certainly looks like the DB's now. Keep it comin mate

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not going to say a word, everyone else has beaten me to it......
View attachment 340370
Cheers, Mike.
(FOR DISCUSSION ONLY)
Thanks Mike but not sure your looking at the right post:smiling3:
That's wonderful work Paul. Lovin the bottles. Where is the bottle opener? :smiling3: When you work out how to paint tarps let me know cause I struggle with them. Certainly looks like the DB's now. Keep it comin mate
Steve, Thanks mate if their like me its on my key ring always have a church key with me.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looking good Paul, I'm impressed with the stowage, the crate of beer especially!:thumb2::smiling3:

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Thanks Mike but not sure your looking at the right post:smiling3:

Steve, Thanks mate if their like me its on my key ring always have a church key with me.

Me too. I was given a Guinness bottle opener for my key ring back in 1989 and still have it today :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Me too. I was given a Guinness bottle opener for my key ring back in 1989 and still have it today :thumb2:
You must have been very young to have started drinking then !:smiling4::smiling4::smiling3::smiling5:

Paul, I notice you use Klear, giving a gloss finish to use the oils on, Steve in his post mentions mat varnish I've tried gloss and mat varnish , the pin washes flow slightly better of course with the gloss but not as fast as I've seen on videos on U tube . Is this gloss v mat just a personal choice ?

John .

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Its because he gets larger thick white envelopes from Klear. Whereas I only get small thin brown envelopes from Windsor Newton. Don't tell anyone as you may find a horses head in your bed tonite.

P.S I was bottle fed JD and coke from an early age

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I’m with the rest of the guys ..let’s pop a few of those beers open to celebrate some fantastic work going on here with your build. I think the stowage and tarps look great..keep it coming

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You must have been very young to have started drinking then !:smiling4::smiling4::smiling3::smiling5:

Paul, I notice you use Klear, giving a gloss finish to use the oils on, Steve in his post mentions mat varnish I've tried gloss and mat varnish , the pin washes flow slightly better of course with the gloss but not as fast as I've seen on videos on U tube . Is this gloss v mat just a personal choice ?

John .
Hi John, I think it must be I use the clear to seal the decals when they have dried, the advantage I find rightly or wrongly that if I do make a mistake having a gloss surface gives you the opportunity to wipe it off where as the matt it is harder to remove. But I do make a lot of mistakes.
Its because he gets larger thick white envelopes from Klear. Whereas I only get small thin brown envelopes from Windsor Newton. Don't tell anyone as you may find a horses head in your bed tonite.

P.S I was bottle fed JD and coke from an early age
If I am the shorts wearing postman is intercepting them :tongue-out3:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Unless you can see anything I have missed and I'm sure there is lots this is pretty much done. These will be the last pictures on here. If anybody wants anymore I will post some in finished armour.

Next I will be starting on the base so the next stage will be in dioramas under construction so hope to see you there.

Anyway enough of the waffle the wheels have been added, and the chassis and body weathered.

Many thanks for the very generous comments and support along the way.

Cheers
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I’m with the rest of the guys ..let’s pop a few of those beers open to celebrate some fantastic work going on here with your build. I think the stowage and tarps look great..keep it coming
Thanks Joe, really glad you stayed with it and the kind comments.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Afternoon Paul,

She turned out a real beauty and your work just gets better and better buddy!!! In the fourth pic, I think the stowage looks fantastic with the colors you used. The tarp roll looks especially realistic. If I could find a fault, it might be, depending on what time of the year, a little more dust on the accessories and/or in the corners. Then again, if it's in the Spring or Fall, disregard my bla bla....

Prost auf Dich
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Afternoon Paul,

She turned out a real beauty and your work just gets better and better buddy!!! In the fourth pic, I think the stowage looks fantastic with the colors you used. The tarp roll looks especially realistic. If I could find a fault, it might be, depending on what time of the year, a little more dust on the accessories and/or in the corners. Then again, if it's in the Spring or Fall, disregard my bla bla....

Prost auf Dich
Allen
Allen good to see you my friend, Glad you like the clutter. It is still waiting its final dusting I do this when it gets added to the base so it blends in but you may be right it may need some more

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
A really first class model. The build, the detailing, the painting - you've cracked it. Allen is right, your work does get better and better. Enjoyed this and looking forward to the dio.
Jim