Tamiya M20

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Goody, goody - another foray into the crazy place that is "Scottie's Super Detailing World"
First post and already great work. I think, like the others, I would have been tempted to have just cut off and glue the ends at an angle.
I do hope Si does bring cake :tongue-out3:
Jim
Hi Jim, your right about my head being crazy lol. Cutting at an angle is what I normally do but couldn't see a way of doing it neatly so thought I would try it with the bearing.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well im in on this one, i would like a scale working differential please and sprung suspension!

Thought id best get the order in :smiling3:
Ben, I did look at the springs but they were very well moulded so decided to leave them this time.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The master is back at it again! A wonderful improvement straight out of the blocks with the steering rod. Really looking forward to seeing this one come together. Good luck mate
Hi Steve, Thanks but far from a master. Glad your looking in.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excellent modding on the steering Scottie

Are the ball bearings fixed solid?

The only time I tried to glue ball bearings to something I found them so smooth that the glue would not grip - they just kept falling off and I abandoned the idea
Hi Simon good to see you. I used a round dremmel bit to form a pocket then washed the bearings then used some course emery to just scratch the surface. So far they seem to be secure.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie,
Great idea using your spare balls like that :smiling4:, just spent ages trying to work out how to do that with a Land Rover - gave up in the end and just glued the axle straight.
I will be sitting behind the reprobates with the coffee and cakes....
Mike.
Mike, it is purely an experiment I haven't tried it before but so far it seems ok. You better get in quick other wise the rabble will have scoffed the lot.

B

Brad9826

Keeping my eye in also Scottie, picking up so many brilliant tips and Ideas from so many great modellers on this forum... Brill:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Only a little bit done. I have put the hull tub together and attached all the transmission and suspension. The modified front axle seems to be holding. The only other bit I have tinkered with are the towing eyes I have added some weld detail to them and the exhaust has been drilled out, the rest is OOB.
I have made a start on the interior adding some cables and clamps each one held with a pewter bolt head.
Will hopefully get a little bit more done tomorrow.

cheers
Scottie

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Scottie, I did not mean to mislead you but they are 1/87 scale Roco kits. I meant that I would follow your build as I am always looking for fresh ideas for my builds. With your track record mate, I can't go wrong. Cheers, Rick H.:smiling4:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Scottie,
Excellent start! Glad your balls didn’t just fall off...I hate it when that happens :smiling5:
Holly and I made cakes a plenty...but the taste testers got carried away:hungry:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Already w/the super details. I'll keep a close eye as I have eight of these little 1/87 scale b-----s to do for my M10 TD Co. PaulE

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie, I did not mean to mislead you but they are 1/87 scale Roco kits. I meant that I would follow your build as I am always looking for fresh ideas for my builds. With your track record mate, I can't go wrong. Cheers, Rick H.:smiling4:
Rick, no worries mate. that is one of the good things about this forum, there are always lots of good ideas around.
Morning Scottie,
Excellent start! Glad your balls didn’t just fall off...I hate it when that happens :smiling5:
Holly and I made cakes a plenty...but the taste testers got carried away:hungry:
Si, It comes to as all as we get older:smiling: It's the same crowd all the time beating me to the cakes.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nice choice Scottie patient #309 will be watching

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul , hi mate, most impressed with those cable brkts, pewter ? Look real.
John.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Plenty good work there boss....
Mike.