Tamiya M20

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Good Evening Mr. Scott,

Effective immediately, this type of moggelling must stop!!! I am still looking for words to comment on your rock ledge in the last Masterpiece as well as the vehicles...……..

You're off to a super start Buddy, please keep it going. Me, I think I'll give up moggelling and take up collecting lint balls from under my bed...…………...

Prost
Allen
Allen,
You are to kind mate. There is no need to look under the bed mate your modelling is of s great standard. the only thing is you need to do some:smiling:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening Scottie,
Very, very nice indeed!
I’m with Allen, if anyone wants my modelling bits they’re out on the lawn...where’s my torch....I’ll need it to find my lint balls:flushed:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Evening Scottie,
Very, very nice indeed!
I’m with Allen, if anyone wants my modelling bits they’re out on the lawn...where’s my torch....I’ll need it to find my lint balls:flushed:
Thanks mate, as I said to Allen you have no reason to hang the tools up.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Just catching up with this one ...loving the scratchery and updates with the PE and the paint job on the interior is fantastic

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Brilliant work Scottie, I had no idea that there was labeling for what goes where. This is going to be the Bomb!! Rick H.:thumb2:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Stunning work Scottie. I once had a philosophical auto repair mentor who held that things meant well, they just needed the proper motivation & encouragement, like "that #$%^&&^%$# tie rod end really does want to come out of there, hit it here )(^&". PaulE

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just catching up with this one ...loving the scratchery and updates with the PE and the paint job on the interior is fantastic
Joe, Thanks mate, Glad it meets with your approval.
Brilliant work Scottie, I had no idea that there was labeling for what goes where. This is going to be the Bomb!! Rick H.:thumb2:
Rick, Thanks mate, it appears that everything had a place and was labelled up. They are left over dry rub decals from Archer in the US. I haven't used a lot of them as they were for the mate which had an all white interior so I don't think the white labels will look right on the OD fighting area.
Stunning work Scottie. I once had a philosophical auto repair mentor who held that things meant well, they just needed the proper motivation & encouragement, like "that #$%^&&^%$# tie rod end really does want to come out of there, hit it here )(^&". PaulE
Hi Paul, I recognise that language I have used it myself on numerous occasions when something wont shift:tongue-out3:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not much bench time today. So not much done. The front seats have been added with safety belts made from thin foil and some etch from the spares box. the water canteens have been added and two .50 calibre ammo boxes have been slid under the bench. Next will be working on the radio.

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
That is b****y impressive modelling. All credit to you.
Jim

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Afternoon mate,
Another lovely update:thumb2: I’m keen to know how you got such a nice worn finish on the floor? And if I may, how do you get such a nice matt finish on everything you’ve painted?
I’m tackling an interior at the mo, wish it was as nice as what you’ve achieved!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very tidy Paul. :smiling3:
Thanks Bob appreciate the comment.
Astonishing work Scottie - so realistic.
Thanks Peter for the kind words
Afternoon mate,
Another lovely update:thumb2: I’m keen to know how you got such a nice worn finish on the floor? And if I may, how do you get such a nice matt finish on everything you’ve painted?
I’m tackling an interior at the mo, wish it was as nice as what you’ve achieved!
Si thanks mate, The worn floor is very simple I run a soft lead pencil on a piece of emery then with a stiff ish flat brush rub the dust a little at a time in to the areas you want the steel to show through. I use Galleria flat coat It is the best I have found but other people will have their favourites. Good luck with the interior the only tip I can give you as you will probably already be aware of is only bare the metal or chip where there would be heavy foot fall or constant contact. Post some pics when you are done.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Wow Paul those interiors are simply amaizing...

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Scottie, simply stunning work by the master.
Pete.