Tamiya M20

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Stunning work Paul. I particularly like the insert on the shovel handle. The straps are beautifully detailed. Are they voyagers or did they come with the kit?. Looking forward to seeing the base develop. Well done mate. Work to be proud of

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Stunning work Paul. I particularly like the insert on the shovel handle. The straps are beautifully detailed. Are they voyagers or did they come with the kit?. Looking forward to seeing the base develop. Well done mate. Work to be proud of
Hi Steve, Glad you like it mate. The insert was fashioned from a strip of pewter as the etch one just didn't look right. The straps are all part of the etch set.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Beautiful work Scottie. Jim's comment reminded me of getting a 54 on a geometry final & after repeating the course over the summer, got a 55 on its' final. Luckily the board of regents elevated all summer scores by 10 points due to the exam difficulty. Thus I got a pass of 65 due to full attendance & good class participation. PaulE

That reminds me when I started algebra in school the teacher said pi r squared I said Pie is round cornbread is square

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Apart from making the stowage and a few more tweaks the actual build is now done. The wheels have been built and suitably worn. The MG and ring have been built, These will be painted separately and fitted later.

Hopefully I will make start on the stowage tomorrow and bore you with some more pictures.

cheers
Scottie

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Excellent work on the MIG Paul. How many parts did it take.?? Good luck with the crap in the back

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excellent work on the MIG Paul. How many parts did it take.?? Good luck with the crap in the back
Hi Steve,
The gun mount on the ring had 7 pieces of etch and 2 pieces of copper wire and the MG was 18 and a few bits of copper wire and evergreen. I'm looking forward to the junk as it will give my eyes a rest lol.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie, beautiful job on the etch. I don't remember the 50cal. ammo cans being that busy though. Carrying handle on cover, latch on one end & hinge on the other. Did they add some stuff? PaulE

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie, beautiful job on the etch. I don't remember the 50cal. ammo cans being that busy though. Carrying handle on cover, latch on one end & hinge on the other. Did they add some stuff? PaulE
Paul,
Not sure I have seen this on a few etch sets I think its a weight or sprung arm to help feed the belt when the lid is open to stop the belt chattering as its fed in.

First Name
Stuart

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Stuart,
Normally with a lot of swearing lol. Firstly the PE gets washed in warm soapy water. Before removing it from the fret study the part and the instructions as to how to fold the part as its not always clear. Next work out the sequence of folds. Then with a sharp scalpel I scratch the parts to be joined to give a good keyed surface. When it comes to the glue less is more don't worry to much about any over spill as this can be scraped off with a sharp blade. Then finally when completely dry I use a fibre pen to clean everything. But wear a mask as the fibres can cause irritation. I hope this helps.

First Name
Stuart
Hi Scottie
Thanks for the heads up - will follow your lead and have plenty of medication on standby!:tongue-out3:

• Wow
Reactions: JR

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
It would be a shame to cover up that MG with a full cover.. maybe peel it back a bit to show off some of the bling?? Just a thought.... and the other stowage fits perfectly and looks fantastic your scratchery is a work of art

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking great Scottie, fantastic work. A hint, if I may....if you use a fibreglass scratch brush keep a saucer of water with a drop of washing up liquid in it on your bench and dip the brush in just before you use it....hey presto, no flying fibres....