Tamiya Nissan Sklyline GT-R V R34

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Morning all. :smiling3:

I'm staying on the car theme for another build, there are a few more techniques I want to try and nail down, in particular trying to get a better paint job. I picked up this kit to practice on as it was cheap.

So far I have just de-seamed the body, attached the front & rear bumpers and side sills, and cleaned up the running gear.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Bob
A real wolf in sheeps clothing - a saloon car with supercar performance.
Jim

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Yep, back in the early days of grey imports we used to get a lot of these, along with the Eunos Roadster (MX5), Pajero (Shogun) & FTO.

First Name
Andy
Nice work Bob you have got me thinking of getting a rally car to build, looking for something from late eighties or early nineties probably a Lancia Delta. A mate of mine has got a Lichfield GTR that is around 800 BHP, and that is some car.

Andy.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Afternoon all. :smiling3:

I've been working on the body paint and have to say I am really pleased with my results. One of my aims has been to get better at paint jobs on cars and this is definitely my best attempt yet. I have a coupe of small dust specks in the paint, but hoping to remove these with flattening before the gloss coat.

The colour (Tamiya Racing Blue) is gorgeous, and the pictures don't do it justice. It changes from a very dark blue to a blue/purple in real life, it doesn't really come across as well in the pics.

4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Morning all :smiling3:

Got the underside detail painted and all the running gear installed this weekend.

The wheels had been painted semi-gloss black in preparation for a metallic, but I'm thinking the black might look good against the body colour so I'm going to hold off until the shells on before I make a final decision.

I still need to add a wash to the underside parts, although there are skid plates that hide most of the detail so again will wait until they are on.

10.jpg11.jpg

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Morning guys. icon_e_smile.gif

I got the interior together this weekend. My first try at embossing powder for carpet, it didn't go perfectly, particularly at the rear of the transmission tunnel. I used matt varnish as an adhesive, I think next time I will try PVA. Still, this is just a practice kit so overall I'm happy as I learnt something.

12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg