tamiya nissan skyline calsonic

O

omi1966

sitting at the bench today and ended up with one of these!

for a tamiya kit i was a little dissapointed with the decals they are shall we say fragile, the kit goes together well but i have alot to learn so i can get a high gloss finish on a car. with this said i would be intrested in how others achive that showroom finish, i used humbrol clear through the air brush but it orange pealed so i hit it with humbrol gloss coat and that did'nt want to dry, so out came the hairdrier, the final coat i used klear and that seemed to calm every thing down but it is by no means perfect so jump in guys im all ears.

i also learnt don't hold a car kit with your bare hands if you don't want finger prints on it ask me how i know! go on i dare you.

martin

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
very nice indeed,....got one of these as a prezzie at xmas but not got round to it yet...thanks for the warning about the decals tho

T

treyzx10r

Really sharp,I like it! I actually use automotive 2part Urethane clear on my cars and Motos thinned a lot more than standard of course.

O

omi1966

A couple of questions trey, what do you thin it with ? And also do you use the air brush or straight from the can? I was a bit worried about using these as I use acrylics and did'nt want to in case I got a re action.

martin.

T

treyzx10r

Martin I thin the Urethane with standard base reducer 20-30% to shoot through the airbrush. This is a 2 part product(2 parts clear 1 part hardner) and does'nt come in rattle cans. Urethane clear top coats do'nt attack acrylic but as insurance always spray on a scrap bit first to make sure. Hope that helps, Trey