TAMIYA panther g 1/48. sub 1

V

VermontGuy

Hey guys. Now that the dragon is done I am focusing on the panther.

I am on my first sub, the road wheels. This is my first attempt at a muddy, worn set of roadwheels. I used very little black to accent the mud color. Let me know what you think!

Mike

View attachment 49703

IMAG0094.jpg

V

VermontGuy

\ said:
Hey guys. Now that the dragon is done I am focusing on the panther. I am on my first sub, the road wheels. This is my first attempt at a muddy, worn set of roadwheels. I used very little black to accent the mud color. Let me know what you think!

Mike
Completed roadwheels with erosion effects

View attachment 49704

IMAG0098.jpg

C

CDW

Did you use the hairspray technique for this too ??

The wheels look shiney dirty, is this the plan for the end result ... a wet muddy look? if so.. you're there :smiling3:

if you want to "dull them off" a bit the just blow some loose bi-carb on them ... this works a treat :smiling3:

If i have one critisism ... you can still see the places the wheels were attached to the sprue in the second picture ...

V

VermontGuy

Hey cdw

Yup I used the hairspray! GOOD CALL! Your good! I wanted a wet look. I am glad this effect came out well. Can you tell me what bi carb is?

Lol yea I cleaned the spruce marks up before I went to bed last night! Good eyes!

Thanks for tips once I know what bicarb is I will use it!

Mike

C

CDW

Bicarbonate of soda or sodium bicarbonate

commonly called ... baking soda, bread soda, cooking soda

If you sprinkle it on wet paint it'll absorb some of the colour and look like dirty dust.

If you sprinckle it on tacky paint it'll just look like dust.

You can add washes and watered down colours after it's dried to give it a solid colour ... i.e if you want to portray rust or corrosion ..or just a muddy look

I've even coloured it grey and black to give a burnt ash look to a crashed spitfire in the Crash SIG on this forum

C

CDW

no problems, just search through my threads and have a look, I don't like hi-jacking threads with my own links, seems wrong:smiling3: there's others on here that use the bicarb technique too, have a browse round.

V

VermontGuy

\ said:
no problems, just search through my threads and have a look, I don't like hi-jacking threads with my own links, seems wrong:smiling3: there's others on here that use the bicarb technique too, have a browse round.
For your review ;) I took this just for you

Mike

View attachment 49705

IMAG0109.jpg

V

VermontGuy

Thanks john! Yea the pros here have really really helped me.

Much love

Mike