Tamiya Panzerkampfwagen II for Simon

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s the most recent I could find as well, on the nuts and bolts site.

D

Deleted member 6559

Pete - Dry-brushing was one of the first techniques everyone learned back in the day. Not finished yet, as I have the figures to do.

Tim - He used to be a local councillor for St Margarets at Cliffe, but there have been no references since 2001.

Neil - A veteran commander and his teenage crewman. The other three on order are these:

s2kf009.jpgs2kw064.jpgs2kw028.jpg

These will constitute the Protze crew.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

The base looks good so far, the figures will really set it off.

I guess your figure issues are not unusual, until you get them in your hands, you really don't know how they will look, the quality and finish!

I found that out with the boots on one of mine, the box art was good, the stilettos were a surprise!

Probably change them into a wedge under the trousers to hide them!

I do have rather a lot of 1/35 figures, so if the next lot don't seem to fit the bill, let me know, I will happily gift you something else, hornet heads too.

Have a good day with the figures and base and be careful and patient with the tiny figures and your eyes

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve.

Seems that figure sizing issues get worse as you go down the scale. At least I've got two so far that are going to be OK. Thanks for the offer of some of your stash, but I don't think I'll be doing more at this scale - my eyes and nerves can't take it. I've decided to put this into the background and work on some busts to keep my hand in. I will return to this build at intervals as the figures are painted.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Lee - Cheers.

Jakko - Seems he last cropped up in 2010, at least that's the latest post by the man himself that I could find.
Just had a very late catch-up on this little beauty........couldn't help overhearing a mention of
Tony Greenland. The last copy of Nut & Bolts I bought (vol. 28) featured some of his work on Gleisketten-LKWs or Maultiers as the case may be......that publishers date was 2011....he was listed as one of three publishers.....don't know if he's still with them, perhaps someone has some later volumes and could check. I was always impressed with his work but could never come close to getting results like you do Peter Tip O the Hat to you Sir.
Rick H.