Tamiya Panzerkampfwagen lll Ausf L

J

John Rixon

View attachment 123517

View attachment 123518

Nearly finished now, just got to spend a wee more time weathering the upper hull details. This has been a lovely build, and an even lovelier paint job. Sprayed the base coat with Vallejo mid sea grey, then filters and washes by AK interactive - am loving these enamel products, still use home made ones too, but the AK ones are proper quality products, and amazing colours!

Dunno about final varnishing or dusting yet, but for now, I'm enjoying it on the mantelpiece while I decide!

View attachment 123519

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

D

dubster72

That's looking very good John! I love the Panzer III - I have Dragon's ausf J in primer somewhere ...

C

CharleyGnarlyP290

That turned out great. I have only done one panzer grey vehicle in my modelling career, so I have a ways to go to get those results. I really like the mud, as well. How did you do that?

J

John Rixon

\ said:
That turned out great. I have only done one panzer grey vehicle in my modelling career, so I have a ways to go to get those results. I really like the mud, as well. How did you do that?
Thanks! For the mud, I use acrylic paints for the first layers - mixed with plaster of Paris, not too much - and apply it with a cut-off hogs hair brush, flicking it with a finger. Messy, but once you've practiced a bit, very controllable. I then use AK mud effects for the finer points - again mixed with plaster and flicked on, then finally AK fresh mud, which is basically a wash, so soaks into the rough stuff underneath, and looks great! I think the key is to vary colour, at least 3 shades plus a bit of grease etc!

First Name
Michaël
Like it,can we see some more pictures from above,behind,at front please?

Thank you John..

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
looks superb really like the weathering top marks from me

J

John Rixon

\ said:
Like it,can we see some more pictures from above,behind,at front please?
Thank you John..
On their way! Gonna do a completed thread tomorrow.

J

John Rixon

\ said:
looks superb really like the weathering top marks from me
Thanks! Finished it now, gonna post a full set tomorrow, weather permitting

First Name
Dave
Fantastic John, absolutely stunning build and fantastic weathering thus far, looking forward to the completed pics tomorrow.

J

John Rixon

\ said:
Looks great john!
I love the mat its sitting on, almost perfect ploughed field!
Ha, you're not the first to mention that. Kitchen back door mat, just wish it was bigger!

Z

zak illingworth

Love the mud detailing, Hopefully one day I can be half as good at detailing as you

J

John Rixon

\ said:
Love the mud detailing, Hopefully one day I can be half as good at detailing as you
Thanks! There's a plethora of great weatherers here at the moment! I watched loads of YouTube tutorials, and messed around with different stuff until I found what worked best for me, which is simple acrylic paint splattered on the underparts, followed by AK interactive Dust and Mud effects, mixed with plaster of paris. I then drizzled thin washes to simulate oil and fresher mud stains.

I have still to post pics of the completed model, as Its not stopped raining when Im free to shoot them. soon come!

P

Piakio

NIce colour, and well done weathering, just more pictures??, i cant wait for see more details. Cheers