Tamiya Porsche 934 1/12th

Jabba

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hello all,
Well I finally got my hands on a Tamiya Porsche 934 in 1/12th scale. I've wanted to do this one since I was a teenager. This is the reissue with PE parts etc which came up at a good price on French E Bay and even came with some extra decals and a seat belt set from Reji models.
Its been very enjoyable to build so far, with as much detail at the front end (fuel and oil tanks and hoses etc) as the back (The venerable flat 6 engine)
I've had a bit of a nightmare with a section of the paint though. I did two coats of Tamiya TS-12 Orange and it looked pretty good. Then I did two coats of Streetblisters 2K clearcoat. Still looked pretty good. But then I masked off around the rear windows so I could do the matt black seals around the edge. I used Tamiya masking tape. I did two coats of matt black with a brush, but when I peeled the masking tape off the clearcoat came off with it! :worried::disappointed2::cold-sweat:.
I was not happy... Have any of you ever had this happen before? What did I do wrong?
So I've just had to rub down the body section again and give it another coat of Orange. Next time I'll (hopefully) do the window edge seals by hand.
In the meantime here's some pics of the chassis work.
IMG_6815.JPG
IMG_6816.JPG
IMG_6817.JPG

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Shame about the clearcoat peeling, had it happen once ,put it down to leaving tape on for about two weeks but thats just a guess, the chassis is looking very tidy though.