Tamiya racing figure

P

Paulali

the tamiya motor racing figures were re-released,so i thought i would do an Eddie Lawson start rider figure,the kit is based on the great Freddie Spencer,so that would mean that the crash helmet would be wrong for Eddie Lawson,so with the figures being so cheap i got the straight run rider figure and used that crash helmet,everything has had 2 coats of tamiya fine surface primer,and 3 coats of tamiya acrylic paint,this figure conversion is going to get expensive,as the figure i am doing is aView attachment 120594

View attachment 120595

View attachment 120596

1984 figure,so i could be buying decal sheets for just a few decals,anyway,some picturestamiya racing figure 001.JPG

tamiya racing figure 002.JPG

tamiya racing figure 003.JPG

P

Paulali

the decals that are going to cause me grief are the dainese leather decals,the figure requires white ones i can only find black ones,also the bell helmet decals,i can get them but only 2 on a James Hunt decal sheet,i need 3,and the sheets are not cheap

P

Paulali

just had a quick look on ebay,ouch! just over £60.00 with postage for 3 decals,i dont think so,anybody on here got any 1/12 bell helmet decals left in their spare parts box ? or does anybody know where i could get some made?