Tamiya RC166 and stuff..........

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
My Missus, god bless her bought me this kit for Christmas. It's still in the box and waiting for me to get my bench sorted in our new house. I also just bought the Metal Front Fork & Clutch Set for it. That'll be a challenge I can barely see most of it. Anyway, when I finally get around to putting this iconic little motorcycle together I'll post up some progress.
Peter

rc166.jpg

fork set.jpg

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
It looks a lovely kit. They do a chain and wire wheel set for it too if you really fancy pushing the boat out... and have the patience and a strong enough set of magnifies! :nerd:

Nick

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
It looks a lovely kit. They do a chain and wire wheel set for it too if you really fancy pushing the boat out... and have the patience and a strong enough set of magnifies! :nerd:

Nick
I'm still pondering the wire wheel set for it, I'll see what the plastic wheels look like when I strip the nasty chrome off. Not sure I'll bother with the chain set as there's very little of it visible when the exhausts go on.
Peter

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
This is also on the list !
I'll be tuning in too ......
Good luck with the build - don't forget the seat rivets ;)

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
This is going to cost me a bloody fortune. :anguished:

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
The Rivet Set just turned up. They are going to be a real challenge:dizzy:.......... They are the teenist little things and I have absolute no idea how I'm going to be fitting them. There are loads of the little critters !!!!
Peter

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'll pull up a seat for this one Peter.
I figured out a while back that doing the spokes in wire is not to hard. The thought of doing it and taking the plunge being the hard part.
Tamiya m/c spoked wheels are normally pretty good if I recall.

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
The Rivet Set just turned up. They are going to be a real challenge:dizzy:.......... They are the teenist little things and I have absolute no idea how I'm going to be fitting them. There are loads of the little critters !!!!
Peter
Don't get the chain set, Don't get the chain set, Don't get the chain set, Don't get the chain set, Don't get the chain set, Don't get the chain set, Don't get the chain set, Don't get the chain set, Don't get the chain set,

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Don't get the chain set, Don't get the chain set, Don't get the chain set, Don't get the chain set, Don't get the chain set, Don't get the chain set, Don't get the chain set, Don't get the chain set, Don't get the chain set,
The chain kit isn't on my list Simon. The one in the kit is fine and you can't see much of it anyway with the exhausts on. I've seen a YouTube clip about building the chain set and it looks like a right mission.
Peter

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I'll pull up a seat for this one Peter.
I figured out a while back that doing the spokes in wire is not to hard. The thought of doing it and taking the plunge being the hard part.
Tamiya m/c spoked wheels are normally pretty good if I recall.
As soon as I get my bench sorted after moving house, everything is still in boxes. I can get myself sat down and start nailing it together Ian.
Peter

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
The chain kit isn't on my list Simon. The one in the kit is fine and you can't see much of it anyway with the exhausts on. I've seen a YouTube clip about building the chain set and it looks like a right mission.
Peter
Will remember that when i do mine a while away yet, good luck with the bench