Tamiya SAS jeep

P

phikoleoputra

\ said:
Ok now to paint the twins i have never painted a figure so no idea how to go about this advice pleaseView attachment 91856

Dave
Use a very fine brush and enamel is very useful for figures, at least for me. Oooo one more thing, steady hand!!! :smiling3: :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
for your first figures i give you a gold,there great very well done, :D

keep up the good work, :smiling3:

i keep about 3 or 4 good brushes just for face painting ,once a few hairs go astray there sacked,:confused: :oops: :rolleyes:

D

dubster72

They're very good Dave, even more so if you used Tamiya acrylics to brush paint them!

I'd give them a wash just to add a little depth.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
They're very good Dave, even more so if you used Tamiya acrylics to brush paint them!I'd give them a wash just to add a little depth.
I used Vallejo acrylics and some artist stuff I have they are just blue tacked to the Tamiya pots for painting. When you say a wash what do you mean is it a very watery dirty colour?

Thanks Monica I normally leave them out of models as I'm a bit scared of doing them.

Dave

P

Polux

Perfect figures!

Yes, for a wash you must add a very thinned colour coat, better if it's darker than the one you have there :smiling3:

B

bugsaint

First I've heard about the salt chipping method. Another method to go read up about, thanks. Loving the little jeep, hows it coming along?

First Name
Dave
Cheers guys the finished result is here

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/tamiya-1-35-sas-jeep.28745/#post-234627

Dave

L

Laurie

Thanks Dave got some figures to do. Great example to copy. Very nice.. Great eye sockets this on always look wrong but you have achieved it.

Nice work on the Jeep.

Laurie