Tamiya sdkfz 250/3

B

Brad9826

Brad, I'll follow this if you don't mind. I have several in the stash in '87 scale. I'm particularly interested in the interior details so nice clear photos if you please. I'll just have a seat with John, Paul, Ringo & George Si and Steve.
Cheers, Rick H.
Welcome Rick, now the pressure is starting... I am slow building so I hope you and the others don't lose interest.:surprised:

B

Brad9826

Si and Lee, welcome, hope I haven't missed anyone.. if so apologies. .I'm also rubbish at replying to stuff, so bear with me....:surprised::surprised::hugging-face:

B

Brad9826

Have been away for the weekend, so not a lot done.
Have installed engine etc and added a few bits in the compartment, a couple of pipes, etc, thinking of having the deck open. Tracks are on, didn't like them at all..., a bit of primer paint on.. Photos to follow. Think I'll paint the engine next before major work in the back.IMG_20181209_222902958.jpgIMG_20181209_222912805.jpgIMG_20181209_222940035.jpgIMG_20181209_223003961.jpg

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Thanks Mike , … what mould stuff do you use?
Hello Bread,
Sorry to take so long getting back to you.
The items I use for moulding and casting all come from Sylmasta, a uk company, there are others equally as good but these are my preference for ease of use.
Your radios are ready, all you have to do is to obviously clean them up at the back, and you will notice there are two pin holes. jist take a pin or thin wire and run a little bit of c/a into the holes to fill them.
These will be in the mail tomorrow - do not lose them, lol. I have included a pic, but the detail is so small and the colour the same it all vanished.
Cheers,
Mike.radios.jpg

B

Brad9826

Mike, fantastic buddy, there was no rush. :thumb2::thumb2:
Checking Sylmasta out shortly.:thumb2::thumb2:
Have you scratch built the sets or did you have masters?

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mike, fantastic buddy, there was no rush. :thumb2::thumb2:
Checking Sylmasta out shortly.:thumb2::thumb2:
Have you scratch built the sets or did you have masters?
Hi Brad,
No they were from the Gesutchen.....wagon thing pic I posted last week, and they are small, and on their way to you.
Peter beat me with the destructions from the Aber set, so you should be all set on that side.
Cheers, Mike.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Brad.
I found this photo in my collection, might be helpful .
rom4.jpg
At least it shows some colours.
John.

B

Brad9826

Thanks John, colour photos are such a great help in stuff like this.
Just need to get thumb out of b** and mind out of neutral now and decide what to do , DAK 42, Eastern Europe.43. steady John... or Europe 44/45, Dunkelgelb, Grey, 2/3 colour camo, small antennae, the big one or both, what seating , obs version, etc.... Aarrgghhh :dizzy::confused::anguished:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Choices, choices, so many choices. I like the mix of frame and mast ant. on the early 250 in three color. Obs. seating is cool if you have a set of
"donkey ears" on a post mount. PaulE